VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
Author Message
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a small
problem.

- I want to write a browser function that will load a series of web
pages on to the browser one after another from a sequential
file.  Here's what I have so far.

Private Sub Command5_Click()
Dim http As String
Open "c:\test2.txt" For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
    Input #1, http
    WebBrowser1.Navigate (http)
Loop
Close #1
End Sub

- The problem I am having with it is that I guess, the URL files from
the sequential file are loaded so quickly that the next one
loads up before the previous one has been loaded into memory.  Any help
on this issue would be greatly appreciated.!!!

Regards,

Jason Davitsky

Tue, 01 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
Why not just monitor the DocumentComplete event before you make
you make each request?  If its not done, just do a sleep loop until
its ready for the next one?

Wed, 02 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
Sounds great Mike, but I'm not sure exactly how to code this.  I'm a bit
of a VB rookie and any help you could provide would be greatly
appreciated!!! Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Jason

Quote:

> Why not just monitor the DocumentComplete event before you make
> you make each request?  If its not done, just do a sleep loop until
> its ready for the next one?

Fri, 04 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
I had a similar problem writing the same test app and found this in MSDN.

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentComplete(ByVal pDisp As Object, URL As
Variant)
    If (pDisp Is WebBrowser1.Object) Then
        debug.print "Page done loading"
End Sub

This waits until all frames are complete before going positive.

Sat, 05 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
Then you will experience the fat app problem when you try to load a large
sequential file as I mentionned before and nobody seems to care about.
Quote:

> I had a similar problem writing the same test app and found this in MSDN.

> Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentComplete(ByVal pDisp As Object, URL As
> Variant)
>     If (pDisp Is WebBrowser1.Object) Then
>         debug.print "Page done loading"
> End Sub

> This waits until all frames are complete before going positive.

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file
Thanks for the help everyone!!!

Jason

Quote:

> Then you will experience the fat app problem when you try to load a large
> sequential file as I mentionned before and nobody seems to care about.

> > I had a similar problem writing the same test app and found this in MSDN.

> > Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentComplete(ByVal pDisp As Object, URL As
> > Variant)
> >     If (pDisp Is WebBrowser1.Object) Then
> >         debug.print "Page done loading"
> > End Sub

> > This waits until all frames are complete before going positive.

Sun, 06 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file

2. VB6 Web Browser-Loading URL's from a sequential file

3. VB6 Web Browser - Loading URL's from a sequential file

4. Making a web browser display a selected URL or file from VB5

5. Can't load ActiveX control in web browser

6. Can't load ActiveX control in web browser

7. Retrieving File Names and Web Links (URL's) from Windows\Favorites (Internet Explorer)

8. Lanching the user's default web browser with a local file

9. Lanching the user's default web browser with a local file

10. ******How to send a URL and load Defualt Browser!*****

11. Using WebBrowser control load URL in a separate Browser OR any other control

12. Bringing up the IE Web browser control with a literal string rather than a URL