WebBrowser control causes problems....
Author Message
 WebBrowser control causes problems....

Hi Folks,

I've got a problem when using the webbrowser control in VB 6.

I have added it to my form and designing the source code (there will be
displayed either HTML-Text or ActiveX Documents in the webbrowser control).

Everything works fine till somebody press the keys CTRL+L, CTRL+O or CTRL+N
which will be used by the webbrowser either to open a file dialog box or a
new browser window.

I've tested catching the keys by setting the keypreview of the form to true.
Then I added code which identifiers the above mentioned keys and use a
customized function for them (I defined the functions KeyDown and KeyPress
of the form).

    This works only if the current selection is situated on the form. If you
go to the webbrowser control (set the focus to it)
    the user defined code will not be executed and the standard function
will be taken from the webbrowser control.

    Then I've searching in MSDN for some hints about hidden properties etc.
but I have to give up a short time later.

    The last thing I've implemented is that I use the same functions in the
userdocument as I have in the form testing the
    possibility that I can catch the keys there - but it doesn't work as
expected.

At this point I've no idea how to customize the webbrowser control that it
does not use these keys in the normal ways.

If somebody can help me I would be glad if you could send me an message.....

Greetings

ANDi

Sat, 23 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 WebBrowser control causes problems....
Use the WBCustomizer dll. You can get it  in the Microsoft homepage.
There have a example in VB.

Good luck.

Quote:

--

Mon, 25 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. WebBrowser control URL wont preserve CAPS causes...Auhentication errors

2. onsubmit event causing problems with server control event

3. ActiveX control causes problems in Word97

4. Number of controls causes performance problems.

5. Number of controls causes performance problems.

6. IE5 Causing Crash Using Webbrowser.navigate

7. innerText works but innerHTML causes an error w/ WebBrowser ctl and VB6

8. WebBrowser without WebBrowser Control in VB6 ?

9. Webbrowser control problem with IE

10. WebBrowser Control Printing Problem

11. WebBrowser control problem with IE6 (I think...)

12. problem about WebBrowser control