using vb for cgi applications
Author Message
 using vb for cgi applications

I'm curious as to the implementation of VB5.0 in a cgi environment....I
know how I can setup the program to create an html page on the fly but how
do I force the end users browser to display the page?

Thanks

Douglas

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 using vb for cgi applications

While it is certainly possible, I think it is 100% easier to build ActiveX
DLL's, install them into MTS (for scalability), create them on the Server
side of an Active Server Page (via a Server.CreateObject("MyDLL.MyClass")).
A function in your class can return the HTML code you want. Simply do a
Response.Write or document.write to output your VB generated HTML.

I realize this explanation is a GROSS understatement of what needs to be
done, but it really is pretty easy.

Check out some of the examples in the owners area and on MSDN.

HTH

Tim Belvin
Infotech Solutions Inc

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

2. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

3. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

4. CGI Error - The specified CGI application misbehaved ...

5. CGI & VB / Using VB on web server

6. VB and Access CGI Applications

7. VB / ACCESS CGI Applications

8. CGI Starting a VB application?

9. Application Error of VB CGI

10. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet

11. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet

12. VBasic application that talk to CGI-BIN WEB application on Internet