ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages
Author Message
 ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages

Hi!

I made an application with some HTML pages and VB ActiveX Control.
I use the Regedit code in my HTML pages in this way:

<OBJECT
ID="DBFonti.InserimentoConferma"
CLASSID="CLSID:DCDDA4CE-1BFB-11D2-9BF2-00A024593B20"
width="700"
height="500"
</OBJECT>

If I use this application with Internet Explorer on my PC, it works good,
but if I change PC and it doesn't work.

I don't have a Server so how can I distribute my application using a floppy
or CD ROM?

Thank a lot

Gianluca

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages
I would suggest using the vb5 setup wizard which will generate a mock html
page which you can cut and paste into your page.

Tom

Quote:

>Hi!

>I made an application with some HTML pages and VB ActiveX Control.
>I use the Regedit code in my HTML pages in this way:

><OBJECT
>ID="DBFonti.InserimentoConferma"
>CLASSID="CLSID:DCDDA4CE-1BFB-11D2-9BF2-00A024593B20"
>width="700"
>height="500"

></OBJECT>

>If I use this application with Internet Explorer on my PC, it works good,
>but if I change PC and it doesn't work.

>I don't have a Server so how can I distribute my application using a floppy
>or CD ROM?

>Thank a lot

>Gianluca

Tue, 02 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages
Try putting a version and a codebase with it. The clients don't know were to
download the cab file on other pc's.

CODEBASE="CABFILENAME.CAB#version=1,0,0,15">

Quote:

>Hi!

>I made an application with some HTML pages and VB ActiveX Control.
>I use the Regedit code in my HTML pages in this way:

><OBJECT
>ID="DBFonti.InserimentoConferma"
>CLASSID="CLSID:DCDDA4CE-1BFB-11D2-9BF2-00A024593B20"
>width="700"
>height="500"

></OBJECT>

>If I use this application with Internet Explorer on my PC, it works good,
>but if I change PC and it doesn't work.

>I don't have a Server so how can I distribute my application using a floppy
>or CD ROM?

>Thank a lot

>Gianluca

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages
Create a CAB file for your OCX via the 'Application Setup Wizard' that comes
with VB5. Select an 'Internet Download' and make the control 'Safe for
scripting' and 'Safe for Initialising' if appropriate (use the 'Safety'
button). This will create a CAB fiel (ie a compressed version of your OCX) and
an example HTML page on how to use it.

Cheers budd,

Rico.

Quote:

> Hi!

> I made an application with some HTML pages and VB ActiveX Control.
> I use the Regedit code in my HTML pages in this way:

> <OBJECT
> ID="DBFonti.InserimentoConferma"
> CLASSID="CLSID:DCDDA4CE-1BFB-11D2-9BF2-00A024593B20"
> width="700"
> height="500"

> </OBJECT>

> If I use this application with Internet Explorer on my PC, it works good,
> but if I change PC and it doesn't work.

> I don't have a Server so how can I distribute my application using a floppy
> or CD ROM?

> Thank a lot

> Gianluca

Tue, 06 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX and CLSID in HTML pages

2. Calendar or ActiveX Control on html page

3. Problem with ActiveX in a HTML page

4. Passing Parm. to Activex in HTML page

5. Install ActiveX Control and HTML pages in other PC

6. MonthView activeX in HTML Page

7. The TreeView ActiveX in an HTML page

8. write HTML text into a ASP page from a ACTIVEX SERVER DLL

9. How to get a reference to an Activex control embedded into a HTML page

10. interact between activex control and html page

11. Pass value from HTML page into ActiveX OCX.

12. embedding activex control into html page