Question for a REAL Guru
Author Message
 Question for a REAL Guru

Hi Friends,

        I have been trying to create an DLL ActiveX to be instanciated on my
WWW ASP server to create a new user on my NT System remotely thru an ASP
Application, I have tried to find information in how to accomplish this task
but it has been a waste of time. I thought initially that searching in the
Win32 API would be enough, yet I have not found any information in how to
add such a user thru code and not having to call manually the WinNT dialog
that actually does it.

        If you know how to do this thing or where I can find such
information, or at least where should I start my search I will really
appreciate it.

        Thanks in advice for your kind help.

William Vega
Software Developer
Dimension Software
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Question for a REAL Guru
Hi Friends,

        I have been trying to create an DLL ActiveX to be instanciated on my
WWW ASP server to create a new user on my NT System remotely thru an ASP
Application, I have tried to find information in how to accomplish this task
but it has been a waste of time. I thought initially that searching in the
Win32 API would be enough, yet I have not found any information in how to
add such a user thru code and not having to call manually the WinNT dialog
that actually does it.

        If you know how to do this thing or where I can find such
information, or at least where should I start my search I will really
appreciate it.

        Thanks in advice for your kind help.

William Vega
Software Developer
Dimension Software
http://business.netcenter.com.mx/software/

Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Question for a REAL Guru

Quote:

>Hi Friends,

>        I have been trying to create an DLL ActiveX to be instanciated on
my
>WWW ASP server to create a new user on my NT System remotely thru an ASP
>Application, I have tried to find information in how to accomplish this

task

This is an ambitious task, only because the Win32 network API is very
complex (and obscure) and uses Unicode quite a bit.

Quote:
>but it has been a waste of time. I thought initially that searching in the
>Win32 API would be enough, yet I have not found any information in how to
>add such a user thru code and not having to call manually the WinNT dialog
>that actually does it.

You are looking in the right place, ignore anything to do with the dialog.

Quote:

>        If you know how to do this thing or where I can find such
>information, or at least where should I start my search I will really
>appreciate it.

Look around the functions like LogonUser, ChangePassword etc.  It is there
somewhere...

Also look at the examples of handling Unicode strings on VBNet.  (Come to
think of it, there may be some networking examples there as well.)

Fri, 29 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Real Guru & Comm Expert Question

2. Question for a guru (WOSA guru, that is)

3. GURU/SEMI-GURU please help with ActiveX DLL threading question

4. Quetion for the real GURU

5. Quetion for the real GURU

6. A real challenge for the VB Gurus

7. Real Money, Real Fast!

8. Real basic question, but I'm confused.

9. Real Simple Question

10. Question: MS Project Add-on for real-time information sharing

11. Real beginner question...

12. Subclassing Question for a Real Techie