Winsock1.BytesReceived doesn't work?
Author Message
 Winsock1.BytesReceived doesn't work?

I wrote an OCX and ActiveX DLL that sends email with only one line of code.
http://www.*-*-*.com/
I then wrote a ActiveX DLL that retrieves email.   http://www.*-*-*.com/
(must have IE4+ to get there)

I had no problems with either of the above.   Now I have desided to add in
the DLL that retrieves email an progress bar or flood bar for when it is
downloading.  Just to show how big and how much its downloading.

Any one tell if this is bug?  Does Winsock1.BytesReceived just not return
anything?

I'm doing this (I am doing other thing, but this is what the question is
on.):

'=====================================
Private lTotalBites as Long

Private Sub Winsock1_DataArrival(ByVal bytesTotal As Long)
    lTotalBites = bytesTotal
    Timer1.intervals = 1
    Timer1.Enabled = True

    Dim strData$
    Winsock1.GetData strData$, vbByte + vbArray  ' vbString

End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
    FloodUpdateText lTotalBites, Winsock1.BytesReceived,
Winsock1.BytesReceived & " of " & lTotalBites
End Sub
'=====================================

Thanx,
Chizl

Tue, 23 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock1.BytesReceived doesn't work?
Hi,

I havent had a chance to try the bytesrecieved property, but you can always
do
len(strData$) to get the size.

hope this helps,
All the Best.

I Love Newsgroup family :-)

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Winsock1.BytesReceived doesn't work?
Well the problem with that is if I use len(strData$) then it is too late if
a large file is being downloaded.   I will not know the size until after I
download it.  Correct?
Quote:

>Hi,

>I havent had a chance to try the bytesrecieved property, but you can always
>do
>len(strData$) to get the size.

>hope this helps,
>All the Best.

>I Love Newsgroup family :-)

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DoEvents and Winsock1.BytesReceived

2. fRefreshLinks Doesn't work if path doesn't exist

3. Windows Service Calling VB6 dll doesn't work but works with VB6

4. IE3 doesn't work after working with webbrowser control

5. Why LoadPicture() works on local pathes and doesn't work on the URLS

6. Work Around doesn't work for RichTextBox

7. Passing a Parameter its works and it doesn't work

8. Works/Doesn't Work

9. ActiveX-Exe: .Value=True doesn't work while direct click on button works

10. 'Next Comment' doesn't work

11. Code doesn't work (from Dev's site)

12. WebResponse Webbot Doesn't work with ASP's