group controls in a picture box
Author Message
 group controls in a picture box

Hi,

Is there a convenient way to group controls in a picture
box so that I can relocate the controls easily? I just
know one method to select the control group using SHIFT
key to select them one by one. But it is not a good way if
there are more controls.

Thanks,

andy

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 01:28:40 GMT
 group controls in a picture box

Quote:

> Is there a convenient way to group controls in a picture
> box so that I can relocate the controls easily? I just
> know one method to select the control group using SHIFT
> key to select them one by one. But it is not a good way if
> there are more controls.

I'm not sure if this address your question, but you can use
Ctrl-Drag to select a group of controls on a panel.  (Normally a
drag operation would select and begin to move the panel itself.)

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:29:08 GMT
 group controls in a picture box
You don't have to select them one at a time. Follow the steps below exactly
and you'll see what I mean.

(1) Click on the form (not on any controls). The form should now have focus
and no controls selected.
(2) Now press and hold the shift key.
(3) Move the mouse over the PictureBox, but not over a control contained in
the PictureBox (an empty area).
(4) While still holding the Shift key, press the left mouse button and drag
a rectangle around your controls.
(5) Release the mouse button. Now your controls are all selected.

The key point here is that only the form must have focus when you do you
shift-drag in the PictureBox. There can be no controls selected (including
the PictureBox).

HTH,
Rocky Clark (Kath-Rock Software)

Quote:
> Hi,

> Is there a convenient way to group controls in a picture
> box so that I can relocate the controls easily? I just
> know one method to select the control group using SHIFT
> key to select them one by one. But it is not a good way if
> there are more controls.

> Thanks,

> andy

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:45:55 GMT
 group controls in a picture box
Thanks,

But I tested it, cannot work. Typically I like to use
picture box control to group controls. But I found
grouping is its only inconvenience.

Regards,

andy

Quote:

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 04:47:17 GMT
 group controls in a picture box

Quote:
> But I tested it, cannot work. Typically I like to use
> picture box control to group controls. But I found
> grouping is its only inconvenience.

I'm still not sure what you're after, but the Ctrl-Drag select
thing does work.  Unmentioned details:

1)  No other control can be selected when you begin.
2)  Selection is made against controls contained by the control
getting the MouseDown.
3)  If no controls are selected, the containing control is
selected.

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 05:48:47 GMT
 group controls in a picture box
Thank you for your patience.

Using Ctrl-Drag to select controls in a picture box, I
found:
1) When the focus is on the Form, the action works.
2) When the focus is on one of the controls inside the
picture box, the action works.

but
3) When the container picture box is selected, the action
not work.
4) When the focus is on the control outside the picture,
the action not work.

Thank you very much.
andy

Quote:

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 00:40:39 GMT

1. Picture box grouping

2. insert picture box inside picture box

3. Image Box/Picture Box Controls

4. Controls within a group box

5. Copy a picture from a Picture Control in a Image Control

6. Copy gif and jpg file in picture control to picture control

7. Copy gif and jpg file in picture control to picture control

8. Copy gif and jpg file in picture control to picture control

9. Copy gif and jpg file in picture control to picture control

10. Where can I get a Picture Box Control?

11. Regarding picture box control

12. picture box control