Query Analyzer OCX/DLL for TSQL???
Author Message
 Query Analyzer OCX/DLL for TSQL???

Does anyone know of a ocx or dll that verifies T-SQL? I want to allow users
to enter SQL in my application, and be able to verify it (without writing a
parser/validation engine of my own).

Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 01:02:14 GMT
 Query Analyzer OCX/DLL for TSQL???
Microsoft SQLDMO Object Library

--
Mikhail Berlyant
Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic

Quote:
> Does anyone know of a ocx or dll that verifies T-SQL? I want to allow
users
> to enter SQL in my application, and be able to verify it (without writing
> parser/validation engine of my own).

> Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 03:05:17 GMT
 Query Analyzer OCX/DLL for TSQL???
Is that the answer or is there something else I should know?...a) I havent
found an object in DMO that simply verifies TSQL (are you suggesting that
there is?) and b) if you're suggesting that I submit a statement to verify
it, then why use DMO?

Quote:
> Microsoft SQLDMO Object Library

> --
> Mikhail Berlyant
> Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic
> http://www.brainbench.com
> Distribution Systems Lead, Data Systems
> http://www.launch.com

> > Does anyone know of a ocx or dll that verifies T-SQL? I want to allow
> users
> > to enter SQL in my application, and be able to verify it (without
writing
> > parser/validation engine of my own).

> > Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 02:58:29 GMT
 Query Analyzer OCX/DLL for TSQL???
Run the set noexec on command prior to executing the create proc command.
This will bring back any errors but will not actually create the SP.

This is how you can parse.

The "set" must execute in the same connection as the Create Proc command.

Lloyd

Quote:
> Is that the answer or is there something else I should know?...a) I havent
> found an object in DMO that simply verifies TSQL (are you suggesting that
> there is?) and b) if you're suggesting that I submit a statement to verify
> it, then why use DMO?

> > Microsoft SQLDMO Object Library

> > --
> > Mikhail Berlyant
> > Brainbench MVP for Visual Basic
> > http://www.brainbench.com
> > Distribution Systems Lead, Data Systems
> > http://www.launch.com

> > > Does anyone know of a ocx or dll that verifies T-SQL? I want to allow
> > users
> > > to enter SQL in my application, and be able to verify it (without
> writing
> > > parser/validation engine of my own).

> > > Any help is appreciated. TIA.

Thu, 11 Dec 2003 05:03:23 GMT

1. Query takes 0 seconds in Query Analyzer, times out in VB

2. VB Query vs SQL Query Analyzer Speed?

3. MSSQL Query Analyzer in VB?

4. Help : SQL Query Analyzer Column Setting

5. Run DTS package with Query Analyzer / Trigger

6. Data Type Mismatch Error - works on Query Analyzer

7. Saving the Query Analyzer resultset as a text file through VB

8. ? - Text Output like Query Analyzer

9. ADO recordset -- slow create in VB vs Query Analyzer

10. Different return values when using Query Analyzer and VB code

11. OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX OCX

12. Setup Wiz (Registration Blues - mfc40.dll, grid32.ocx, comdlg32.ocx)