Help in opening TXT files
Author Message
 Help in opening TXT files

Hello All,

    All I want to do is input one character at a time from a file (TXT, CSV,
DOC....).  Basically I want to read in a file and modify certain offsets
only when I find them.  This should be a simple thing but I seem to have got
stuck.  I have tried opening the file in different modes but it either fails
or reads junk.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Leon

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help in opening TXT files

Answered in another group!

I'll be passing this link around for those who multipost.
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm

Quote:

> Hello All,

>     All I want to do is input one character at a time from a file (TXT, CSV,
> DOC....).  Basically I want to read in a file and modify certain offsets
> only when I find them.  This should be a simple thing but I seem to have got
> stuck.  I have tried opening the file in different modes but it either fails
> or reads junk.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Leon

Mon, 10 Feb 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Adding .TXT files to a VB program without the .TXT file

2. Question: Opening .txt file with vba

3. open txt file and read strings

4. opening a .txt file in ASP

5. Opening .txt file in BASIC

6. open a txt file for the user to view and read

7. Opening a txt file in Excel using VB6

8. how open a file no txt

9. Opening a readme.txt file

10. opening a word (.doc) and Text (.txt) file

11. Open a TXT, DOC file from a command button

12. how to open a 9MB txt file?