Changing design time properties during execution
Author Message
 Changing design time properties during execution

Hi, does anyone know how to change the design time properties of an object
during  run time. I'm trying to find an easy way for the users of my
application to customize it. Thanks.

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing design time properties during execution
Howdy Joe, I just downloaded some shareware that may work for your problem.
Its description sure comes close anyway. It's located at
http://www.leadingchange.com/activex/ . Look for the control named Active
Inspector.

Quote:
>Hi, does anyone know how to change the design time properties of an object
>during  run time. I'm trying to find an easy way for the users of my
>application to customize it. Thanks.

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Changing design time properties during execution

Quote:
>Hi, does anyone know how to change the design time properties of an object
>during  run time. I'm trying to find an easy way for the users of my
>application to customize it. Thanks.

Usually not. However it really depends on the object and properties
you want to change. If it's a Window control (has an hWnd property),
you may be able to change *some* design-time-only properties by using
API calls. More often they are design-time-only because they can only
be applied when the window is created. Unfortunately VB doesn't
provide a means to change them at run-time before it creates the
windows. Which controls and properties do you need to change?

-Tom

Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Event/property execution at design time

2. current time of execution during this execution.

3. current time of execution during this execution

4. Changing Locked Property in Access 2.0 During Run Time

5. *** Refreshing control at design time when property changed?

6. Changing property default values at design time

7. Preserving the values of a property, changed in design time

8. Changing design time properties at runtime

9. StatusBar time not updating during execution

10. Changing Mouse Pointer during execution of a lengthy procedure activated by a CommandButton

11. Distinguish between design and execution time

12. Saving properties of ActiveX control from design time to run time