Is any limited number of control in one form?
Author Message
 Is any limited number of control in one form?

Hi, I have very complicate form, when I try to add one control, pop-up
message say can not add more controls to this form, is any way to get
around?
thanks.
kent

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:19:58 GMT
 Is any limited number of control in one form?
There's a limit to the number of uniquely named controls.  If you move
some controls into control arrays, you can reduce the count of those
unique names.

Pick any control.  Copy and paste it.  Say "Yes" when it asks if you want
to create a control array.  You'll see that the items have Index values of
0 and 1.  (You can create a control array without adding the second
control just by setting a value for Index)

If you have to change a control array back into a "scalar" control, just
delete all copies but one, and delete it's Index value in the property
sheet.

Quote:
> Hi, I have very complicate form, when I try to add one control, pop-up
> message say can not add more controls to this form, is any way to get
> around?
> thanks.
> kent

Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:54:30 GMT
 Is any limited number of control in one form?
Thanks.

Quote:
> There's a limit to the number of uniquely named controls.  If you move
> some controls into control arrays, you can reduce the count of those
> unique names.

> Pick any control.  Copy and paste it.  Say "Yes" when it asks if you want
> to create a control array.  You'll see that the items have Index values of
> 0 and 1.  (You can create a control array without adding the second
> control just by setting a value for Index)

> If you have to change a control array back into a "scalar" control, just
> delete all copies but one, and delete it's Index value in the property
> sheet.

> > Hi, I have very complicate form, when I try to add one control, pop-up
> > message say can not add more controls to this form, is any way to get
> > around?
> > thanks.
> > kent

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 02:53:09 GMT

1. Limit on number of controls per form?!

2. Limit on number of Forms/Controls in eVB?

3. Number of controls possible on one form??

4. Number of controls in one form...

5. Limit displayed items to only one in continuous form

6. How to limit number of usercontrol on form ?

7. Limiting number of UserControls on a form

8. VB/WIN, number of forms limit?

9. limit child form to one instance

10. Pls Help: Limit On Number Of Controls

11. Control arrays - limited to one dimension?

12. Limit in control number with VB5