FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.
Author Message
 FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.

I tried the following code to copy a file from "C drive" to  "A drive"

FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\"
FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\tasks.dat"

It accesses the "A drive", but thats it. I get run time error 75,
file/path access error. I have a good floppy in the "A drive" and the
file is found on the "C drive".

What am I missing here?

Help!  Chris.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.
Have you checked that the "Copy Tab" located on the top right of the disk
is closed?  If it is, have you tried copying files to that disk in Windows
Explorer or DOS?

Later,
Jody

Quote:
> I tried the following code to copy a file from "C drive" to  "A drive"

> FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\"
> FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\tasks.dat"

> It accesses the "A drive", but thats it. I get run time error 75,
> file/path access error. I have a good floppy in the "A drive" and the
> file is found on the "C drive".

> What am I missing here?

> Help!  Chris.

Fri, 09 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 FileCopy returns path/file access error 75.
Be sure that Your A: drive has a diskette, and is NOT writeprotected.
Here is a sample of FILECOPY code...

   Sub FileCopyExample()
      Dim sSourcePath As String
      Dim sTargetPath As String

      ' Change these paths to your Source and Target paths.
      sSourcePath = "D:\My Documents\My Document.Doc"
      sTargetPath = "C:\Backup\My Document.Doc"
      On Error Resume Next

      ' Copy the file.
      FileCopy sSourcePath, sTargetPath

      If Err > 0 Then MsgBox Err.Description
   End Sub

Another way to solve this, is to call copy from dos:
z=shell("copy c:\tasks.dat a:\tasks.dat ")

Hope this helps, Regards, Asbjoern.

Quote:

>I tried the following code to copy a file from "C drive" to  "A drive"

>FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\"
>FileCopy "C:\tasks.dat", "A:\tasks.dat"

>It accesses the "A drive", but thats it. I get run time error 75,
>file/path access error. I have a good floppy in the "A drive" and the
>file is found on the "C drive".

>What am I missing here?

>Help!  Chris.

Sat, 10 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. FileCopy - Error 75 File/Access problem

2. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

3. Path/File access error (Error 75)

4. Error 75: File/Path Access Error

5. Error 75 (Path/File access error) ???

6. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

7. Error 75 Path/File access error

8. Error 75 'Path/File access error'

9. Path/File access error (Error 75)