checking the size of a directory... how to??????
Author Message
 checking the size of a directory... how to??????

HELP!

I need to create a program that has to find out how much the size of a
directory (with all the files) is..
Can anyone provide me some code how i can do this??
For example, i must know how much MB (or bytes) the size of the whole
c:\windows dir is)

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen van den Berg

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 checking the size of a directory... how to??????
Its a bit messy but can be done using Win32API

Function GetDiskFreeSpace

p-code

'Get current free space
'move dir
'get free space

'compare free space before and after

or

Enum all files within dir and use GetFileSize API function to add up all the
file sizes

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to check directory size?

2. Size file or size directory

3. return the file names and sizes of a directory

4. Report all file sizes within a directory in a msgbox

5. Find file and directory size...

6. FileSystemWatcher Path / Directory size

7. How do you get directory size in vb.net

8. size of a directory?

9. getting directory size

10. Size of Directory

11. Finding the size of a Directory

12. Please tell me how to find a directory size