Looking for a control that...
Author Message
 Looking for a control that...

Hello.

I need a grid that recognizes updates made to underlining tables by other
users in a multi-user environment. I do not want to make a timer that
requeries the grid every 5 seconds. I want behavior that is much like two
users modifying the same MS Access table and each seeing the changes the
other makes in real time.

Thanks,

Casey

Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:51:57 GMT
 Looking for a control that...

Hello Casey,

My name is Lily. Thank you for using the Microsoft VB Newsgroups.

This requires advanced technology and may not be easily achieved by VB. First you may need programming Access so that it broadcast
notifications via IPC (Interprocess communication) whenever changes are made. Then in the VB client, you need have a listener to monitor the
notifications. When the notification arrives, reload the data from Access.
Please note that Access database is for Desktop use and, if you want real time database manipulation, consider SQL Server. Also, Jet has a
built-in feature called 5-second delay, which prevents your application from being realtime.

Hope it helps. If you have any questions, please reply to this post.

Best Regards,

Lily Zheng

Microsoft Support

Want to know more? Check out the MSDN at msdn.microsoft.com or the Microsoft Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. Copy right, 2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:57:59 GMT

1. Looking for VB control that does autoresizing forms and their controls

2. Looking for List control

3. looking for SMTP control

4. looking for Tabstrip control sample

5. Looking for custom control

6. Looking for Grid Control with sorting

7. Looking for MSCOMM Control Replacement

8. Looking for a control (RTF) PLEEASE

9. HELP: Looking for fax control/dll - URGENT

10. Looking for freeware controls

11. Looking for RTF control

12. Looking for ActiveMovie control