Hi all,I want a form without an icon.
thanx,
adai

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

Tue, 5 Dec 2000 17:11:29 +0800 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>Hi all,I want a form without an icon.
>thanx,
>adai

Controlbox = false?

The icon provides shortcut keys for keyboard users.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

Quote:
> >Hi all,I want a form without an icon.
> Controlbox = false?

> The icon provides shortcut keys for keyboard users.

Agreed, but some standard Windows dialog boxes have a close box (and
therefore a window menu) without displaying an icon. If this is what Steve
wants, then here's the procedure:

1) Select the value for the Icon property. It probably says (Icon). Delete
it. It will now say (None).

2) Nothing will appear to have happened. Force the form to repaint itself. I
just switch to another window in VB and then back to the form.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

thoughts were released on Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:01:11 -0500
bearing the following fruit:

Quote:

>> >Hi all,I want a form without an icon.

>> Controlbox = false?

>> The icon provides shortcut keys for keyboard users.

>Agreed, but some standard Windows dialog boxes have a close box (and
>therefore a window menu) without displaying an icon. If this is what Steve
>wants, then here's the procedure:

>1) Select the value for the Icon property. It probably says (Icon). Delete
>it. It will now say (None).

>2) Nothing will appear to have happened. Force the form to repaint itself. I
>just switch to another window in VB and then back to the form.

Is that for VB6 too?  When I do that the VB icon gets
replaced with a windows icon.  But I seem to recall that
the above procedure did work in VB5.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

Quote:
> Is that for VB6 too?  When I do that the VB icon gets
> replaced with a windows icon.  But I seem to recall that
> the above procedure did work in VB5.

Well, as a disclaimer, I believe I have only done this for forms I have used
as modal dialogs. But yes, I have done it in VB6.

Sat, 24 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?
First of all,thank you  Jan&Jeff.
Hi Jeff,
I deleted the ICON in form's property but got same result as Jan's.
I even put this code in form_load() event:
set me.icon=nothing
A windows icon still shows.

Quote:

> > Is that for VB6 too?  When I do that the VB icon gets
> > replaced with a windows icon.  But I seem to recall that
> > the above procedure did work in VB5.

> Well, as a disclaimer, I believe I have only done this for forms I have
used
> as modal dialogs. But yes, I have done it in VB6.

Sun, 25 May 2003 10:25:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?
First of all,thank you  Jan&Jeff.
Hi Jeff,
I deleted the ICON in form's property but got same result as Jan's.
I even put this code in form_load() event:
set me.icon=nothing
A windows icon still shows.

Quote:

> > Is that for VB6 too?  When I do that the VB icon gets
> > replaced with a windows icon.  But I seem to recall that
> > the above procedure did work in VB5.

> Well, as a disclaimer, I believe I have only done this for forms I have
used
> as modal dialogs. But yes, I have done it in VB6.

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

Wed, 6 Dec 2000 16:34:17 +0800 bearing the following fruit:

Quote:
>First of all,thank you  Jan&Jeff.
>Hi Jeff,
>I deleted the ICON in form's property but got same result as Jan's.
>I even put this code in form_load() event:
>set me.icon=nothing
>A windows icon still shows.

<SNIP>

Just out of interest, why don't you want it?

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 How to make a Form without icon?

Quote:

> First of all,thank you  Jan&Jeff.
> Hi Jeff,
> I deleted the ICON in form's property but got same result as Jan's.
> I even put this code in form_load() event:
> set me.icon=nothing
> A windows icon still shows.

I think the only way to get the effect you want is to select an icon which
is designed to be invisible, or else to set the ControlBox property False.

The Help implies that you can Set Me.Icon = LoadPicture() to clear the
icon, but this doesn't seem to work at either VB4 or VB6 -- the "windows"
icon gets substituted as you have found.

Bertie

Sun, 25 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. open form without making application active

2. Making Bitmap Without a FORM!!!!

3. Making a form being a little icon on the right of the taskbar

4. Projects without forms (and setting icons)

5. How add icon to a program without a form

6. Tray Icon in projects without forms

7. Add icon to VB exe without a Form?

8. I need a FORM without an ICON in the title bar

9. HELP - Form without an ICON

10. Change Program Icon without Forms

11. Assign icon to program without any forms

12. Running VB program without icon/form