difference btw .OCX and .OCA?
Author Message
 difference btw .OCX and .OCA?

What's the .oca files for? Any difference from .ocx files. Or oca is ony a
kind of upgraded ActiveX control? I found ocx files only appear in
Project-Component, while both .ocx and .oca apear in Project - Reference.
Why?

Thank you.

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference btw .OCX and .OCA?
Hi,

The .OCX file is created during compilation.  It does not need to be
distributed or saved.

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Developer MVP)
Hard & Software

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference btw .OCX and .OCA?

Quote:

> What's the .oca files for? Any difference from .ocx files. Or oca is ony a
> kind of upgraded ActiveX control? I found ocx files only appear in
> Project-Component, while both .ocx and .oca apear in Project - Reference.
> Why?

> Thank you.

The .OCA file is just a Type lib cache that is created by VB (to speed
up the load of the form)  You can delete it and VB will recreate it.  No
need to distribute it with your project.

--
Lac

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference btw .OCX and .OCA?
Whoops, you picked the wrong one! The OCA is created during
compilation and need not be distributed, not the OCX. I know it
was a typo, but someone else might not know that. (Hmmm, let's see
now, "DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\*.OCX".... hmmm, things don't seem to
be working very well...)

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Quote:
> Hi,

> The .OCX file is created during compilation.  It does not need
to be
> distributed or saved.

> --
> Richard Grier (Microsoft Developer MVP)
> Hard & Software
> 12962 West Louisiana Avenue
> Lakewood, CO  80228
> 303-986-2179 (voice)
> 303-986-3143 (fax)
> Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial
Communications, 2nd
> Edition (355 pages).
> For information look on my homepage at

http://www.hardandsoftware.net.

> Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the
publisher at
> http://www.mabry.com.

Thu, 09 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 difference btw .OCX and .OCA?
Hi,

Sorry, you are right.  I mistyped.

--
Richard Grier (Microsoft Developer MVP)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-986-3143 (fax)
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
Edition (355 pages).
For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
http://www.mabry.com.

Fri, 10 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Difference between ocx and oca

2. ocx and oca - what's the difference?

3. Differences btw Tab, TabStrip & SSTab ctrls

4. OCX registering... and OCA

5. OCA/OCX/Visual Basic 6.0 problem

6. help : OCX/OCA/ missing reference

7. OCX/OCA Problem

8. Search dsSock32.ocx et dsSock32.oca

9. OCX/OCA

10. mscomm32.ocx & oca

11. What changes my OCX reference to and OCA reference

12. Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX