bitblt and transparent gif
Author Message
 bitblt and transparent gif

Hi,
   I have been experimenting with the bitblt api in VB.
I did obtain a decrease in flickering, but it did not support transparency
(GIF), the background is a patch of whiteness. I used the image box and
moreover, it does not support stretching as that picture was about 10 times
bigger that was intended. I want the image's size proportional to the
background. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Jack

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:22:37 GMT
 bitblt and transparent gif
I believe theres a StretchBlt API to handle the
image scaling.

As far as transparency, I believe you can do some more
API trickery to obtain a greyscale image and then use
that image to create the mask for the transparency.

Go to the .vb.winapi group and ask them how its done.

D.

| Hi,
|    I have been experimenting with the bitblt api in VB.
| I did obtain a decrease in flickering, but it did not support transparency
| (GIF), the background is a patch of whiteness. I used the image box and
| moreover, it does not support stretching as that picture was about 10 times
| bigger that was intended. I want the image's size proportional to the
| background. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
| Jack

Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:03:00 GMT

1. Transparent BitBlt

2. CODE: VB5 Transparent BitBlt

3. Using BitBlt with transparent Bitmaps for Animation in VB5

4. Transparent BitBlt failed in Win3.11?

5. Transparent BitBlt doesn't always work

6. Transparent forms or bitblt to screen

7. Transparent BitBlt (new API?)

9. HOW TO: transparent BitBlt and moving a form when clicking on it

10. Help: BitBlt, Win95 Mask and Transparent BMP's

11. Bitblt monochrome bimap in forecolor plus transparent background