Firing events from GlobalMultiUse ActiveX EXE
Author Message
 Firing events from GlobalMultiUse ActiveX EXE

I have a project (ActiveX EXE) which has a class set to GlobalMultiUse. Can
Events in this class be fired back to the client program. If so, where in
the client do I put the Event Procedures?

I am using VB5 SP3 on Windows 95

Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Firing events from GlobalMultiUse ActiveX EXE
This is very easy. First you add a reference to the Active-Exe, using
References under the Project menu-tab in your client project. Then you must
declare the event in your form or where you want it triggered, "Public
WithEvents TEST as TESTCLASS" or something like this.
Then you must use the Set command, "Set TEST = New TESTCLASS" in the form
load event, or where you like to put it. The Set command the makes an
instance of your class so you will be able to send commands to it, and
recieve events.
Now you can write code in TEST_MYEVENT sub and it will be executed if you
fire the event from the Active-X.

Do remember that you must add the reference to the Active-Exe in your
project. If you can't find it in your reference list you can add it by using
the" ACTIVEX.EXE /regserver" command. This should not be nessesary on the
computer which makes the Active-X exe, but it is nessesary when distributing
your application. It's done automaticly by the setup-program however.

Kay-Christian Hansen
Norway

Greg Jensen skrev i meldingen ...

Quote:
>I have a project (ActiveX EXE) which has a class set to GlobalMultiUse. Can
>Events in this class be fired back to the client program. If so, where in
>the client do I put the Event Procedures?

>I am using VB5 SP3 on Windows 95

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Destroying ActiveX EXE Object Does Not Fire The Class_Terminate Event

2. using a client activex control to fire a server exe

3. ActiveX control causing subform's load event not to fire

4. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

5. Terminate Event on ActiveX user control not firing

6. ActiveX run mode terminate event does not fire

7. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

8. Cannot fire SAPI5 event in ActiveX DLL

9. ActiveX DLL events won't fire when DLL shows Modal Form

10. VB6 ActiveX Control -- Change Event Not Firing

11. ActiveX Param not firing event

12. Problem with firing an event in an activex control