Checkboxes disappearing in listview control on Access form
Author Message
 Checkboxes disappearing in listview control on Access form

I put 2 listview controls with checkboxes (MSComctlLib.ListViewCtrl.2)
on my Access 2002 form, one behind the other, with buttons to switch
between them, setting the focus and the enabled and visible properties
as needed so the appropriate listview would be active.

Everything works fine at first, but when I switch from one to the other
and back, all of the listview checkboxes disappear.  They are redrawn if

clicked individually, but this is hardly practical.

The same problem occurs when I use a tab control instead of buttons to
switch between listview controls placed on different tabs, and in
addition, the listview on the tab initially hidden jumps to the 0,0
position on the host form the first time that tab is selected.

Does anyone know a way around this checkbox problem?

Thanks

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 04:32:21 GMT
 Checkboxes disappearing in listview control on Access form
I haven't tried anything with Access forms.. and this is all I found in the
KB...

FIX: GDI Resource Leak Using Checkboxes in ListView Control
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q224181

...but did you call the listview's Refresh method? Shouldn't be necessary..
but worth a try.

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - Please keep it in the groups..
http://www.vbsight.com/ - http://www.vbsight.com/MultiColumn.htm

Quote:

> I put 2 listview controls with checkboxes (MSComctlLib.ListViewCtrl.2)
> on my Access 2002 form, one behind the other, with buttons to switch
> between them, setting the focus and the enabled and visible properties
> as needed so the appropriate listview would be active.

> Everything works fine at first, but when I switch from one to the
> other and back, all of the listview checkboxes disappear.  They are
> redrawn if

> clicked individually, but this is hardly practical.

> The same problem occurs when I use a tab control instead of buttons to
> switch between listview controls placed on different tabs, and in
> addition, the listview on the tab initially hidden jumps to the 0,0
> position on the host form the first time that tab is selected.

> Does anyone know a way around this checkbox problem?

> Thanks

Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:38:24 GMT

1. Checkboxes disappearing in listview control on Access form

2. Control Checkbox -vs- Form Checkbox

3. ReSizing form controls causes TAB controls to DISAPPEAR????

4. Checkboxes in the Listview-control

5. Change Checkbox Image in Listview Control

6. VB6:TripleState Checkboxes in TreeView and ListView controls?

7. How to add a column of checkbox control to Listview

8. Checkboxes in a ListView control

9. ListView Control with checkboxes

10. ListView control with checkboxes

11. Need listview type control with checkboxes

12. Checkboxes in a ListView control