Playing DTMF Tones
Author Message
 Playing DTMF Tones

I am trying to play DTMF tones from vb6, can anybody suggest how ?

thanks

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Mail me and I send you an exaple!

--
Martin Pelikn

Peter Upfold p1e ve zprv .

Quote:
>I am trying to play DTMF tones from vb6, can anybody suggest how ?

>thanks

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Hi,

You can use your modem and MSComm (the Microsoft Communications Control), or
XMComm (download from my homepage).  Use is simple (use the same syntax for
XMComm),

Set CommPort at design time.  Open the port (say in Form Load),

 If MSComm1.PortOpen = False Then MSComm1.PortOpen = True

Then, to send tones,

MSComm1.Output = "ATDT" & stringNumbers2Send & ";" & vbCr

Not too much more will be needed (except the actual design).  For lots more
information, you may be interested in my book.  See below for details.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Does the aforementioned work on NT as well?  Thanks!

--

Doctor of Love
http://members.theglobe.com/dwacon/winlove/winlove.htm

Quote:

>Hi,

>You can use your modem and MSComm (the Microsoft

Communications Control), or
Quote:
>XMComm (download from my homepage).  Use is simple (use the
same syntax for
>XMComm),

>Set CommPort at design time.  Open the port (say in Form
Load),

> If MSComm1.PortOpen = False Then MSComm1.PortOpen = True

>Then, to send tones,

>MSComm1.Output = "ATDT" & stringNumbers2Send & ";" & vbCr

>Not too much more will be needed (except the actual

design).  For lots more
Quote:
>information, you may be interested in my book.  See below
for details.

>--
>Richard Grier
>Hard & Software
>12962 West Louisiana Avenue
>Lakewood, CO  80228
>303-986-2179 (voice)
>303-986-3143 (fax)
>Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial
Communications, 2nd
>Edition (355 pages).
>For information look on my homepage at

http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
Quote:
>Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact
the publisher at
>http://www.mabry.com.

Thu, 20 Sep 2001 04:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Hi,

Does the aforementioned work on NT as well?  Thanks!
<<

Yes.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-986-3143 (fax)
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
Edition (355 pages).
For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
http://www.mabry.com.

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Thanks for the info, but i should have said that i want to use a sound card
not modem
Quote:

>Hi,

>Does the aforementioned work on NT as well?  Thanks!
><<

>Yes.

>--
>Richard Grier
>Hard & Software
>12962 West Louisiana Avenue
>Lakewood, CO  80228
>303-986-2179 (voice)
>303-986-3143 (fax)
>Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
>Edition (355 pages).
>For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
>Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
>http://www.mabry.com.

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
It's simple to play .wav files to your sound card using 'playsound' Window's
API function.  Only slightly more difficult are the MCI functions.  You need
to have a .wav file for each of the the DTMF tones you want to play.  Both
of these are documented in MSDN, and there are several good examples on the
MSDN web site.

Reed

Quote:

>Thanks for the info, but i should have said that i want to use a sound card
>not modem

Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones
Hi Peter,

As Reed says, take a look at the MSDN (this is online at www.microsoft.com,
if you don't have a subscription).  The utility of doing this using a sound
card escapes me, however, it is certainly possible.

--
Richard Grier
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-986-3143 (fax)
Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 2nd
Edition (355 pages).
For information look on my homepage at http://www.hardandsoftware.net.
Use the Books link to order.  For faster service contact the publisher at
http://www.mabry.com.

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing DTMF Tones

Quote:

> The utility of doing this using a sound card escapes me, however, it
> is certainly possible.

        For portable phone phreaking without an acoustic modem?  I know a kid
that built a keychain-sized red box.  I can imagine some punk turning
his laptop into his mobile phreaking station.  Just an idea.

Dave

--
David Held, Chief Programmer   "As far as the laws of mathematics refer
Business Computing Solutions    to reality, they  are not  certain; and

web: www.uswest.net/~dheld      refer to  reality."  -  Albert Einstein

Sat, 22 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to decode DTMF tones from phone lines?

2. How to use DTMF Tones

3. DTMF Tone decoder program VB5

4. How to generate DTMF tones

5. Wanting to generate DTMF tone in VB4.0 and SoundBlaster

6. How to Use Voice Modem Detect DTMF Tone

7. Playing DTMF using PB 3.0?

8. How to play multiple tones?

9. Playing a simple tone

10. Playing a tone in VB6?