ocx and oca - what's the difference?
Author Message
 ocx and oca - what's the difference?

Not to change my question, but I am trying to understand what file to
include within the References section of a vb5cce Ax control project.

I believe that the ocx control is the real deal as far as controls go, but
some confusion has arisen for the following reasons.  I am looking
specifically at the Microsoft Windows Common Controls 5.0.  I need to
reference a few constants within my UserControl and have the following
choices.

(pre-defined upon the list)
/vb4/vbc17937.oca (support file, date 5/6/97!?, 176kb)
/vb4/vbc05684.oca (support file, date 2/28/97, 167kb)

(not defined upon the list)
/win/sys/comctl32.ocx (ver 5.00.3828, date 2/28/97, 583kb)
/vb5cce/comctl32.oca (date 3/29/97, 229kb)
/vb4/comctl32.oca (date 2/28/97, 167kb)
/win/sys/comctl32.oca (date 1/12/96, 100kb)

Why are there no vb5 era options available upon the References List?  It
would make more sense to me to include the ocx file.  I believe that I can
add any of these, but I have had viewing problems upon other machines.
This may be the topic of a seperate post.

If anyone can share some knowledge about the oca files as compared with the
ocx, I would greatly appreciate it.

- bedwin

Wed, 27 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 ocx and oca - what's the difference?

->Not to change my question, but I am trying to understand what file
->include within the References section of a vb5cce Ax control
project.
->

Check the following MS KB (http://www.microsoft.com/kb) article for
information on .OCA files:

Q149429

Paul Clement
Microsoft Developer Support MVP

Fri, 29 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Difference between ocx and oca

2. difference btw .OCX and .OCA?

3. OCX vs DLL: what's the difference ?

4. OCX registering... and OCA

5. OCA/OCX/Visual Basic 6.0 problem

6. help : OCX/OCA/ missing reference

7. OCX/OCA Problem

8. Search dsSock32.ocx et dsSock32.oca

9. OCX/OCA

10. mscomm32.ocx & oca

11. What changes my OCX reference to and OCA reference

12. Access Denied when creating OCA, from a OCX