Treeview Control Node Tooltips Bug in NT
Author Message
 Treeview Control Node Tooltips Bug in NT

Hi again, Dan. I looked up that article and read it. It seemed reasonable,
until I ran my app on my WIN95 test machine with the same comctrl dll and
ocx as my NT 4 machine and the tips didn't work there, either. I'm using
version 5.00.3828  of the comctrl.ocx and version 4.70 of comctl32.dll .
The version's I had previously worked right on both NT 4 and WIN95, so it's
got to be a bug in the newer version of these files.

Anyone know is the SP2 for VB 5 updates these two files to a higher version
yet (that might actually work correctly)?

Thanks!
--
Michael W. Shrader
MST Systems

Quote:
>  Just wanted to pass along some info that some people might not be aware
of,
> might save some time.  There is a bug with the Treeview control where the
> node "tooltips" will not show when operating under Windows NT.
Everything
> works fine under Windows 95.  The article in the knowledge base is
Q165768.
> This is in the Visual Foxpro group but the same applies to Visual Basic.

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. disabling node tooltips in TreeView control

2. Tooltips over individual nodes in a treeview control?

3. Setting different tooltips for different TreeView nodes

4. TreeView Node tooltips not working - HELP

5. Treeview node check bug.

6. Treeview 6.0 Node Tip Bug

7. BUG:Treeview.Nodes.Clear method very slow with ComCtl32.DLL version 4.71.17123

8. Treeview selects node before events fire (Bug?)

9. NT groups and Treeview nodes

10. Overlay 2 icons in ImageList control to assign to Treeview control node image

11. treeview node count not incrementing when adding new nodes

12. treeview - Move node, insert node