VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)
Author Message
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the control.
I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
updated the ComCtl32.OCX)

To recreate:
Open a blank project and add the Windows Common Controls 5.0 to the the
project.
Add the listview control to the form.
Right-Click the control and go into the Properties dialog.
Set the View property to 3 - lvwReport
Click the ColumnHeaders Tab
Insert 2 Columnheaders (just add some text to the text field for each, no
key necessary)
Click OK to Save your settings.
Save the project and form and Exit VB 5.

Start VB again and open your project.
Right-click on the ListView and open the properties.
Click on the ColumnHeaders Tab and you should GPF now.

This problem is happening to all the developers at my office. It occurs in
both 95 and NT 4.0.  I would like to see if anyone else is seeing this
behavior.  There was no mention of this problem at the MS KnowledgeBase.

I really appreciate anyone recreating this anomally.

Thanks in advance!!!

Matt Peebles
MIDS, Inc.

Sun, 30 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

I, too, have encountered this problem now.  What is the resolution to this?

Quote:
> I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
> ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the control.
> I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
> updated the ComCtl32.OCX)

> To recreate:
> Open a blank project and add the Windows Common Controls 5.0 to the the
> project.
> Add the listview control to the form.
> Right-Click the control and go into the Properties dialog.
> Set the View property to 3 - lvwReport
> Click the ColumnHeaders Tab
> Insert 2 Columnheaders (just add some text to the text field for each, no
> key necessary)
> Click OK to Save your settings.
> Save the project and form and Exit VB 5.

> Start VB again and open your project.
> Right-click on the ListView and open the properties.
> Click on the ColumnHeaders Tab and you should GPF now.

> This problem is happening to all the developers at my office. It occurs
in
> both 95 and NT 4.0.  I would like to see if anyone else is seeing this
> behavior.  There was no mention of this problem at the MS KnowledgeBase.

> I really appreciate anyone recreating this anomally.

> Thanks in advance!!!

> Matt Peebles
> MIDS, Inc.

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

No resolution yet.  We have not spoke to Microsoft yet, we have only
reported it to their web-site.

Thanks for testing it.  I think it is a verifiable BUG.

Quote:
> I, too, have encountered this problem now.  What is the resolution to
this?

> > I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
> > ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the
control.

> > I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
> > updated the ComCtl32.OCX)

> > To recreate:
> > Open a blank project and add the Windows Common Controls 5.0 to the the
> > project.
> > Add the listview control to the form.
> > Right-Click the control and go into the Properties dialog.
> > Set the View property to 3 - lvwReport
> > Click the ColumnHeaders Tab
> > Insert 2 Columnheaders (just add some text to the text field for each,
no
> > key necessary)
> > Click OK to Save your settings.
> > Save the project and form and Exit VB 5.

> > Start VB again and open your project.
> > Right-click on the ListView and open the properties.
> > Click on the ColumnHeaders Tab and you should GPF now.

> > This problem is happening to all the developers at my office. It occurs
> in
> > both 95 and NT 4.0.  I would like to see if anyone else is seeing this
> > behavior.  There was no mention of this problem at the MS
KnowledgeBase.

> > I really appreciate anyone recreating this anomally.

> > Thanks in advance!!!

> > Matt Peebles
> > MIDS, Inc.

Tue, 01 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

Hi Matt,
I had the same problem and could not find how to fix it. I decided to add
the columns of the control at Form_Load()...

    ListView1.ColumnHeaders.Add , , "Col1", 500, lvwColumnLeft
    ListView1.ColumnHeaders.Add , , "Col2", 500, lvwColumnLeft
    ListView1.ColumnHeaders.Add , , "Col3", 500, lvwColumnLeft
    ListView1.ColumnHeaders.Add , , "Col4", 500, lvwColumnLeft

I don't know how slower it is to do it this way.
If ever you find the real solution, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

--

CAE Electronics Ltd
St-Laurent, Quebec, Canada

Quote:
>I am receiving a GPF when I try to look at a ListView control's
>ColumnHeaders at design-time using the Properties Dialog for the control.
>I am using VB Enterprise with the Visual Studio Service Pack 1 (which
>updated the ComCtl32.OCX)
>Matt Peebles

Fri, 04 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB5: Problems with Listview ColumnHeaders at design-time (using Service Pack 1)

2. Using icon in a ListView ColumnHeader (VB5.0)

3. ********* The problems you can have using Dim with NEW and VB 6.0 MSComctlLib service pack 3

4. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

5. web service and updating web reference with vb.net design time vs run time

6. ListView blinks when adding columnheaders at run time

7. Win2000/VB5 problem - no design-time use of common version 6.0 controls

8. Visual Studio .NET Beta 2 Service Pack 2 fixes time limitation

9. VB5, Run-time much slower than Design-time

10. Problem in using Crystal Report Design Time Control in Visual Interdev 6.0

11. VB5 Service Pack 3

12. vb5: Service Pack 2 & 3