VB6 ActiveX Control -- Change Event Not Firing
Author Message
 VB6 ActiveX Control -- Change Event Not Firing

I have created an ActiveX control to give me a right-aligned
numeric-only textbox.  I use the Keypress event to filter out
non-numeric characters, which works fine, but now the control is not
recognizing the Change event when a user types a new number into the
field.

Suggestions?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 03:58:36 GMT
 VB6 ActiveX Control -- Change Event Not Firing
Did you add the event? I started a new project, added a usercontrol, dropped a textbox on
it and added the following. Works.
'=========UserControl Code
Option Explicit

Public Event Change()

Private Sub Text1_Change()
   RaiseEvent Change
End Sub
'=========Form1 Code
Option Explicit

Private Sub UserControl11_Change()
   Debug.Print "'Form1:UserControl11_Change", Timer
End Sub
'=========

--
Ken Halter - MS-MVP-VB - http://www.vbsight.com - Please keep it in the groups..

Quote:
> I have created an ActiveX control to give me a right-aligned
> numeric-only textbox.  I use the Keypress event to filter out
> non-numeric characters, which works fine, but now the control is not
> recognizing the Change event when a user types a new number into the
> field.

> Suggestions?

Mon, 18 Jul 2005 04:53:02 GMT

1. VB6: ComboBox Change Event Not Firing

2. ActiveX control causing subform's load event not to fire

3. Terminate Event on ActiveX user control not firing

4. ComboBox Change Event Does not fire when user changes selection

5. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

6. ActiveX run mode terminate event does not fire

7. ActiveX custom event not firing HELP -- URGENT!

8. Destroying ActiveX EXE Object Does Not Fire The Class_Terminate Event

9. ActiveX Param not firing event

10. click event not firing if lost_focus is firing first

11. Label on MS Tabbed Dialog control prevents validate event firing when changing tabs

12. Problem with firing an event in an activex control