ListView Checkboxes: Prevent USER from altering???
Author Message
 ListView Checkboxes: Prevent USER from altering???

Is there a way to set up a VB6 ListView to have checkboxes... but not
allow Users to check those boxes *manually*.

I'm trying to use the checkboxes to indicate something that can only be
retrieved while the ListView items are being added to the box
*programatically*... hence the need for checkboxes, but NOT ones which
the user should be allowed to re-set.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Mon, 21 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ListView Checkboxes: Prevent USER from altering???
I don't have VB6 (ergo, no ListView with checkboxes), but with a VB Listbox that has
checkboxes, you can use this method:

Private Sub List1_ItemCheck(Item As Integer)

        List1.Selected(Item) = False

End Sub

This will keep the item from being selected. Can't the ListView do something like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please post/reply to the newsgroup(s) so
that everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Regards,

Klaus H. Probst, MCP

       ICQ: 22454937
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
> Is there a way to set up a VB6 ListView to have checkboxes... but not
> allow Users to check those boxes *manually*.

> I'm trying to use the checkboxes to indicate something that can only be
> retrieved while the ListView items are being added to the box
> *programatically*... hence the need for checkboxes, but NOT ones which
> the user should be allowed to re-set.

> Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

Tue, 22 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ListView HowTO: prevent the user from checking an item

2. Prevent/Alter Save Dialogue Box Opening

3. Prevent WB altering my HTML?

4. Altering ListItems in a ListView

5. New altering ListView sort order problem

6. Altering ListItems in a ListView

7. Preventing a checkbox from changing its value

8. Altering Image in response to user action

9. Set location - how to alter the variables Database: and User ID:

10. Altering the Registry Settings of a non-logged in user

11. How to prevent flickering of the previous selected item in a ListView

12. How to prevent to scroll a ListView if it gets the focus