Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers
Author Message
 Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

Program Lang:  Origionally VB5, now VB5 SP3
OS:  Printer on NT Workstation 4.0, printing from Win95

I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem, and if so, what
printers do you have and which OS are you using?

        When printing to HP Deskjet printers, or when trying to get HP printer
information with the printer object, you get "Error 482 - Printer Error".
The solution to this is to go into the printer properties and make sure
that that ICM checkbox is checked.

The specific type of printer that it is happening on for us is the HP
Deskjet 680c.  I know of one case of this happening on an HP Deskjet 1xxx
model as well.  This has also been tested on a Cannon BJC 210ex  with no
problem.

Another observation that was made with this problem is that it happens on
almost any other non-MS Office product (such as WordPad and Notepad).  The
setup that we have here is an NT Workstation (which contains the printer)
with 2 Windows 95 PCs, and 1 Windows 98 PC.  We have downloaded the latest
drivers from http://www.*-*-*.com/ for our printer which did not seem to
correct the problem.

I would also like to know if anybody has actually been able to successfully
use an HP Deskjet printer with VB5 without having any errors come up.
--
Later,
Jody

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers
I have no problems with HP 820Cxi
using VB5 SP3 and Win 95, all on a Dell M200a
If you install the printer on one of the Win95 machines
do you have the same problem?
Graham
Quote:

> Program Lang:  Origionally VB5, now VB5 SP3
> OS:  Printer on NT Workstation 4.0, printing from Win95

> I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem, and if so, what
> printers do you have and which OS are you using?

>         When printing to HP Deskjet printers, or when trying to get HP printer
> information with the printer object, you get "Error 482 - Printer Error".
> The solution to this is to go into the printer properties and make sure
> that that ICM checkbox is checked.

> The specific type of printer that it is happening on for us is the HP
> Deskjet 680c.  I know of one case of this happening on an HP Deskjet 1xxx
> model as well.  This has also been tested on a Cannon BJC 210ex  with no
> problem.

> Another observation that was made with this problem is that it happens on
> almost any other non-MS Office product (such as WordPad and Notepad).  The
> setup that we have here is an NT Workstation (which contains the printer)
> with 2 Windows 95 PCs, and 1 Windows 98 PC.  We have downloaded the latest
> drivers from http://www.hp.com for our printer which did not seem to
> correct the problem.

> I would also like to know if anybody has actually been able to successfully
> use an HP Deskjet printer with VB5 without having any errors come up.
> --
> Later,
> Jody

> http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Fri, 20 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers
I have the DeskJet 722C and LaserJet III, I have not had any problems with
either.  I am using NT4.0 WS sp4 but not networked.  Can you use API's?

--
Richard Cardarelle
Eclipse Applications

Quote:

>Program Lang:  Origionally VB5, now VB5 SP3
>OS:  Printer on NT Workstation 4.0, printing from Win95

>I was wondering if anybody else was having this problem, and if so, what
>printers do you have and which OS are you using?

> When printing to HP Deskjet printers, or when trying to get HP printer
>information with the printer object, you get "Error 482 - Printer Error".
>The solution to this is to go into the printer properties and make sure
>that that ICM checkbox is checked.

>The specific type of printer that it is happening on for us is the HP
>Deskjet 680c.  I know of one case of this happening on an HP Deskjet 1xxx
>model as well.  This has also been tested on a Cannon BJC 210ex  with no
>problem.

>Another observation that was made with this problem is that it happens on
>almost any other non-MS Office product (such as WordPad and Notepad).  The
>setup that we have here is an NT Workstation (which contains the printer)
>with 2 Windows 95 PCs, and 1 Windows 98 PC.  We have downloaded the latest
>drivers from http://www.hp.com for our printer which did not seem to
>correct the problem.

>I would also like to know if anybody has actually been able to successfully
>use an HP Deskjet printer with VB5 without having any errors come up.
>--
>Later,
>Jody

>http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

Quote:
> I have the DeskJet 722C and LaserJet III, I have not had any problems
with
> either.  I am using NT4.0 WS sp4 but not networked.  Can you use API's?

I have not tried using APIs just yet.  Currently, I am just using the
Printer object.

--
Later,
Jody

http://www.visual-statement.com/vb

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

2. Printer Object and HP Deskjet Printers

3. HP Deskjet Printer Control Codes

4. HP Deskjet 690 Printers

5. Reports are printed on more than one page on HP Deskjet printer

6. Using HP Printer Escape Sequences (aka Printer Passthrough Codes) in VB.Net

7. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

8. Printer Error 482 with HP Printer...

9. Printing Problems with HP 600 and HP 800 series printers

10. Printing condensed courier on a deskjet / laserjet printer

11. Printing condensed in Windows on deskjet printer

12. Printer Object - Getting the available printer information