Rich Text Box Scroll Bars
Author Message
 Rich Text Box Scroll Bars

I have 2 questions. #1 I am using a rich text box and one of the choices in
its property is you can have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars at
the same time.  Well unless I am missing something I can only have one or
the other. Can someone shed some light on this.  #2 In an application I am
developing I want to have a help screen that looks like the screen you get
when you set your cursor on some property and hit help and a box with what
appears to be a text box or rich text box or etc shows up and it has what
appears to be a title box and then under that is the text for the help
which is scrollable.  Can someone tell me how this is done. Thank you in
advance.  Les

Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rich Text Box Scroll Bars
Leslie,

By default the RightMargin property is set to match the visible width of the
textbox.  Text will then wrap at that point.  More more lines appear then
can be seen on the screen, the vertical scrollbar appears.

Now, if you set the right margin to a value that is greater than can be seen
on the screen, then text will wrap at that new location.  If you type past
what can be seen on the screen, then the horizontal scrollbar will appear.

Mark Tucker

#1 I am using a rich text box and one of the choices in

Quote:
>its property is you can have both vertical and horizontal scroll bars at
>the same time.  Well unless I am missing something I can only have one

or>the other. Can someone shed some light on this.

Fri, 26 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time control of rich text box scroll bar visibility

2. Rich Text Box & scroll bar

3. Rich text box & scroll bar

4. rich text box, remembering view / position of scroll bars

5. Rich Text Box Control Scroll Bars

6. Rich text box & scroll bar

7. Rich Text Box Horiziontal Scroll Bar Problem

8. Scroll Bars in a Rich Text Box

9. Rich Text Box vs. Text Box Scrolling

10. Scrolling in (rich)text box?

11. Rich Text Box Scrolling

12. Scrolling Rich Text Format boxes within program