WinSock Port Closing Before FTP Xfer Complete...
Author Message
 WinSock Port Closing Before FTP Xfer Complete...

Hey,

I've come to the end of my tether, so...

I'm writing a FTP client class in VB5 using a few Winsock controls, but
I'm having problems with the 'data transfer' control.

Data arrives OK & I'm able to stitch back together the files from the 8K
chunks available through the Data_Arrival event, BUT the port is being
closed (by the FTP Server?) just prior to the last packet arriving &
therefore I can't get the last packet & therefore the file!

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Rich

p.s. Can't use WinInet.dll / ITC /etc. as none support the SITE command
in FTP...

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. OS port close inaddition to Winsock port close

2. REQ: Closing WinSock Ports

3. HELP: VB5 / Winsock Control / Port Closing Too Soon

4. Winsock : TCP port not closing

5. Winsock Control: Closing a port for 2nd usage

6. Winsock .close leaves port address in use - huh?

7. HELP: VB5 / Winsock Control / Port Closing Too Soon

8. WINSOCK - how to check whether the remote port is OPEN /CLOSEd

9. FTP multiple files w Inter xfer ctrl

10. Xfer file to AS400 FTP server w/ VB6

11. Winsock file xfer question

12. FTP Trouble with winsock and FTP object!!!!