MDI Child Forms Maximizing uncontrolably?
Author Message
 MDI Child Forms Maximizing uncontrolably?

Hi All,
I find that if I have any MDI Child Forms that are maximized then all MDI
Child Forms are Maximized and visa-versa.  Is there any way of controlling
MDI Child forms windowstate individually.  I want to contain all my forms
within a MDI Parent but don't want them always being the same windowstate.

Any ideas?

John.

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:42:19 GMT
 MDI Child Forms Maximizing uncontrolably?

Quote:
> Hi All,
> I find that if I have any MDI Child Forms that are maximized then all
> MDI Child Forms are Maximized and visa-versa.  Is there any way of
> controlling MDI Child forms windowstate individually.  I want to
> contain all my forms within a MDI Parent but don't want them always
> being the same windowstate.

> Any ideas?

That's how MDI child forms work; if you have a child that you never want
maximized you can check in the Resize event and if it is maximized set it
back to normal but that will set others back to normal as well.  You'll
probably have to have a flag in each form that keeps track of why the
windowstate is what it is and change it as needed; I'd expect it to be
pretty messy and possibly with a lot of flickering.

Sat, 22 Oct 2005 22:52:02 GMT

1. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

2. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

3. Maximized MDI Child Form problem

4. Gap Between MDI and Child form when maximized ??

5. Disallowing maximize button on MDI child form

6. HELP: BUG: Maximized Win95 MDI Child Form Disappears

7. Hiding maximized MDI Child forms

8. Problem with MDI Child Form when opened maximized ?

9. Displaying maximized MDI child forms in VB5

10. Maximizing an MDI Child window Maximizes all MDI Child Windows.

11. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

12. Make a reference to a MDI form with a reference of a MDI child form