 Help files

How can I create help files?
Cesar Renno Costa

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files
Well there are a number of ways. The hardest but cheapest is to get the help
workshop from MS and MS Word. Then you have a lot of typing and planning --
all help files start out as a hpj (prohject file) and one or more rtf format
test files with lots of special footnotes, underlined text, struchtrough
text and more). This gest run through the help compiler. But things like
help context ids for VB have to done manual.

Next you could pick up a shareware help system, some use word others include
there own rtf editor. And lastly there are the commercial packages like
robohelp.

Quote:

>How can I create help files?
>Cesar Renno Costa

Sat, 21 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help files
The new wave is HTML Help. If you are on a learning curve, I would suggest
this route.

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
ult.asp

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
----------------------------

How can I create help files?
Cesar Renno Costa

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help files
Hi Csar,

Josef Becker keeps the majority of freeware and shareware help authoring
tools at http://www.helpmaster.com.  For information on using WinHelp with
VB, take a look at Microsoft MVP Dana Cline's site at
http://www.tanstaafl-software.com.  I cover the HTMLHelp side of VB at
http://www.vbexplorer.com.

David

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic

Quote:
> How can I create help files?
> Cesar Renno Costa

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files
On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 21:19:28 -0200, "Csar Renn Costa"

Quote:

>How can I create help files?
>Cesar Renno Costa

Isn't there a program to do just this on your VB5 CD?

Drac

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files
Sure there is, but it's the rather cryptic Microsoft Help Workshop.  You're
better off getting something from HelpMaster.

David

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic

Quote:
> On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 21:19:28 -0200, "Csar Renn Costa"

> >How can I create help files?
> >Cesar Renno Costa

> Isn't there a program to do just this on your VB5 CD?

> Drac

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help files
Barry,

Your link became split somehow.  Csar, here's the corrected link:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
ult.asp

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic
at http://www.vbexplorer.com

Quote:
> The new wave is HTML Help. If you are on a learning curve, I would
suggest
> this route.

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
Quote:
> ult.asp

> Barry Evans
> Canberra, Australia
> ----------------------------

> How can I create help files?
> Cesar Renno Costa

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT
 Help files

That was progress!!!

Let's have one more try - in HTML:-

--------------------------

Barry,

Your link became split somehow.  Csar, here's the corrected link:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
ult.asp

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic
at http://www.vbexplorer.com

Quote:
> The new wave is HTML Help. If you are on a learning curve, I would
suggest
> this route.

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
Quote:
> ult.asp

> Barry Evans
> Canberra, Australia
> ----------------------------

> How can I create help files?
> Cesar Renno Costa

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files
HEY!!! THAT ONE WORKED!!!

So, can we assume there's a limit to the length of a link on this thing?
:-)

David

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic

That was progress!!!

Let's have one more try - in HTML:-

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...
ult.asp

Barry Evans
Canberra, Australia
--------------------------

Barry,

Your link became split somehow.  Csar, here's the corrected link:

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...

ult.asp

--
Visit the HTMLHelp Center
for Visual Basic
at http://www.vbexplorer.com

Quote:
> The new wave is HTML Help. If you are on a learning curve, I would
suggest
> this route.

http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/c-frame.htm#/workshop/author/htmlhe...

Quote:
> ult.asp

> Barry Evans
> Canberra, Australia
> ----------------------------

> How can I create help files?
> Cesar Renno Costa

----------

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Help files

Fri, 19 Jun 1992 00:00:00 GMT

1. Help:Netware API Help File(in Windows Help file format)

2. Help file search references Front Page Help files?????

3. Help file error messages - "This File is not a windows help file"

4. Cretaing Windows Help File, Syntax RTF-File

5. ++ Help file problem - Opening a .hlp file on menu click

6. Make a Help file and EXE file.

7. Help files (RTF files) via WORD 6

8. Where is the Runtime File Requirements help file ?

9. Acrobat PDF Files -> Help File convertion

10. Does Word 97 change the RTF file format in help files

11. Help - File Pointer rewinding to start of file.

12. Help with code to pull up .chm help file