VB5 or VC++ ~~ Your Expert Advice is Needed!
Author Message
 VB5 or VC++ ~~ Your Expert Advice is Needed!

I'm relatively new to the world of Visual Programming, but have worked
over the past three years extensively with Access (Versions 2.0 thru 8.0)
-

I want to develop programs primarily geared toward single user running on
Windows 95 and possibly, Windows CE.

I'm having a really hard time understanding the differences between the
development environments available.

I want for the most part, to be able to distribute the programs as
standalone.  A drawback of Access is the amount of overhead it takes (but
it does produce some great reports!).

I am also concerned with being able to access databases (some of which may
only be smaller files, while other being much larger) -

It looks to me that both VB5 and VC++ pretty much address the same
database engine that Access does (Jet), does this give them the ability to
build databases as in ACCESS.

I really need some intelligent answers here and quickly as I am going to
start a project soon and need to know the plus and minus of VB and VC++.

Your comments would be extremely helpful.

Dino Grana
Artistic Computer Services

Fri, 01 Oct 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Expert Advice Needed by VB5 Novice

2. I need help from a vb and vc++ expert

3. I need help from a vb and vc++ expert

4. Automation Expert Advice Needed!

5. Expert Advice Needed - Recordset updates Datasheet

6. I need some expert advice on queries

7. Advice needed from Access experts

8. Need some Expert advice

9. need some expert advice