Am I using the right control (RichTextBox)
Author Message
 Am I using the right control (RichTextBox)

I'm modifying user attributes and would like to display the usernames as a
list in a window as they are processed.  I inserted a RichTextBox control on
a form and it seems to work fine.  Is this the proper control to use?  I'm
also thinking about using the control to display the results of a query.

Thanks,
Jeff

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 16:38:16 GMT
 Am I using the right control (RichTextBox)
    While I'm sure the RTBox serves your purposes nicely, is there some
reason why you need the RichText abilities?  It strikes me that, if what you
want to produce is a list, then the control best suited to your solution
would be one of the list controls (either the ListBox, or the ListView found
in Common Controls 1).

    But when all is said and done, the "proper control to use" is the one
that does what you need it to do, the way you need it to do it.

HTH.

-Trevor

Quote:
> I'm modifying user attributes and would like to display the usernames as a
> list in a window as they are processed.  I inserted a RichTextBox control
on
> a form and it seems to work fine.  Is this the proper control to use?  I'm
> also thinking about using the control to display the results of a query.

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Mon, 09 Feb 2004 21:47:51 GMT

1. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

2. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

3. Am I using UserForm Right?

4. Am I using the right tool?

5. Where in the RichTextBox am I

6. Help - I am getting an error using data control

7. Am I doing this right??

8. Help...Am I heading in the right direction???

9. Am I in the right direction

10. Am I doing this right???

11. Am I in the right place?

12. VB4 - page control printing from RichTextBox using SendMessage()