HELP: Combo Box Drop Down List Questin, Thanks in advance
Author Message
 HELP: Combo Box Drop Down List Questin, Thanks in advance

Hello,

Im new to VB 6 and I am trying to create a drop down list that will allow the
user to type part of a name and have it find it in the list and insert the rest
of the name.

EG.

List will contain

Canada
Cuba
California
Colorado
Cokie

Then when the user presses C they will get the first word that starts with C but
if they enter CA they would get the first on in the list that has a CA then if
they put in the 3rd letter CAN it would then have Canada selected.

Thanks for you help,

David

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP: Combo Box Drop Down List Questin, Thanks in advance

Quote:
>Hello,

>Im new to VB 6 and I am trying to create a drop down list that will allow the
>user to type part of a name and have it find it in the list and insert the rest
>of the name.

>EG.

>List will contain

>Canada
>Cuba
>California
>Colorado
>Cokie

>Then when the user presses C they will get the first word that starts with C
> but
>if they enter CA they would get the first on in the list that has a CA then if
>they put in the 3rd letter CAN it would then have Canada selected.

>Thanks for you help,

>David

Have a look at the Auto Fill demo at the SoftCircuits site
http://www.softcircuits.com/

HTH,
Bryan

New Vision Software             "When the going gets weird,"
Bryan Stafford                            "the weird turn pro."

MS MVP Visual Basic                   Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

Wed, 18 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Thanks for the Help (Combo Box Automatically Drops down)

2. Drop Down List Box - Drop Down portion does not always disappear after Click event

3. Creating Drop down lists (non combo boxes) in VB5 Toolbar

4. Make Combo or list boxes drop down????

5. Modify the Width of the Drop Down List in a Combo Box

6. Combo box with Multiselect (drop down list with multiselect)

7. Inserting data into combo box with style 2 - drop down list

8. Making Combo-List Box drop-down automatically

9. Drac's questions on drop down lists in combo boxes

10. how to drop down a combo box list (newbie)

11. Drop Down Combo box with smaller down arrow icon

12. Please help on Combo with style Drop Down List - Urgent