ActiveX Control Property Page Bug
Author Message
 ActiveX Control Property Page Bug

Hello,

I have created a fairly simple ActiveX control using W2K SP2 -- VB6.0 SP5,
and have had no problems with the control during run-time. I am however
having problems with the control during design time.

Here is the scenario:

I have a form with ~95 instances of the control that I created. I can
display the property pages for the controls without a problem, until I have
opened the property pages at least 30 times. After that the property pages
do not display at all, until VB is shutdown and re-started. It appears to be
a memory leak problem, but I have not been able to figure out where the
problem is or what to do about it.

I did a little research on MSDN and found that this problem was supposedly
fixed in a previous service pack, but it appears that it is not.

I even created a new project and put 100 instances of Microsoft's Listview
control on the form, and it did the exact same thing.

Not sure if I can do anything about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks In Advance,

Todd Dye

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 09:51:44 GMT

1. ActiveX Control Property Page Bug

2. How to Hide the Default Property Page for an ActiveX Control in Front Page

3. BUG? ActiveX Control Interface Wizard - missing properties

4. Help: Property Pages in ActiveX controls

5. ActiveX Control Property Pages

6. Property Pages at Runtime of a ActiveX Control

7. Property Page Usage Cause ActiveX Control Corruption

8. Runtime Property Page display for ActiveX Controls

9. Property Pages in ActiveX Control

10. VB6: Property Sheets Bug?, Custom Controls and properties

11. How to call script in HMTL page, from ActiveX control embedded in same page

12. Host for Property Pages or Public Property Page