drag OUTLOOK Attachment file ONTO a vb6 form directly
Author Message
 drag OUTLOOK Attachment file ONTO a vb6 form directly

I want to DRAG an ATTACHMENT (in this case a word.doc file) from an outlook
98+ incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly, presumably using

Private Sub Form_OLEDragDrop(Data As DataObject, Effect As Long, Button As
Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

of course, this does NOT seem to work.

i can drag the attachment onto my DESKTOP, and THEN drag from the desktop
onto my form using the above sub (of course). but not directly from the
outlook message to the form.

do you have a clue how to DRAG the attachment ONTO my vb6form?

many many thanks in advance.

bill

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 drag OUTLOOK Attachment file ONTO a vb6 form directly
Hi!
I have tried to drag an attachment from Outlook Express directly onto a VB6
form, as you want, but I haven't had any problems.
Firstly, I have set the "OLEDropMode" property of the form on "1 - Manual"
and, then, have inserted the following code in the declaration section of
the form:

Private Sub Form_OLEDragDrop(Data As DataObject, Effect As Long, Button As
Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    MsgBox "File dropped", vbMsgBoxSetForeground
End Sub

With this code, when I drag an attachment from Outlook Express to the form,
the message box "File dropped" is shown.

Bye

http://www.armaditaggia.com/marco
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Foothills/7260/

bill ha scritto nel messaggio ...

Quote:
>I want to DRAG an ATTACHMENT (in this case a word.doc file) from an outlook
>98+ incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly, presumably using

>Private Sub Form_OLEDragDrop(Data As DataObject, Effect As Long, Button As
>Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)

>of course, this does NOT seem to work.

>i can drag the attachment onto my DESKTOP, and THEN drag from the desktop
>onto my form using the above sub (of course). but not directly from the
>outlook message to the form.

>do you have a clue how to DRAG the attachment ONTO my vb6form?

>many many thanks in advance.

>bill

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. DRAG an ATTACHMENT from an outlook incoming email message, ONTO a vb6 form directly

2. drag OUTLOOK attachment (.doc file) to vb6form directly

3. Drag Files onto Form

4. Dragging files into Outlook as Attachments

5. Accept drops of messages from Outlook and Dragging attachments from MS Outlook

6. Accept drops of messages from Outlook and Dragging attachments from MS Outlook

7. Is it possible to save a olImbeddedItem attachment directly in a Outlook Folder

8. CDO attachment cannot directly open in outlook?

9. Drag FILENAME from explorer and DROP onto VB form

10. Dragging Desktop Icon onto Form

11. VB4.0-32 OCX CreateObject vs drag onto form

12. unable to drag controls onto form