More Combobx Blues: Give me CURRENT combobox text!!!!
Author Message
 More Combobx Blues: Give me CURRENT combobox text!!!!

Is the *current* text of a combobox available inside that comboboxes
'Change' event?

Right now I'm noticing that the Change event always thinks that
cboMyCombobox.text equals NOT what is currently typed in the combobox,
but instead the text of the most recent drop down list selection!

Say I selected "Apples" from the cboMyCombobox dropdown list.  Then I
put the following code in the cboMyCombobox_Change event:

msgbox cboMyCombobox.text

Now I type the letter "Z" in cboMyCombobox.  You know what the above
Change event code will return after I type that 'Z'???  -----  "Apples".

What am I missing here?  And how do I get an *accurate* reading on the
current contents of cboMyCombobox???

Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 More Combobx Blues: Give me CURRENT combobox text!!!!
Check the text in the Combo1_KeyUp event.  If you want to catch all
changes from that code, call the KeyUp event from the Click event.
Also realize you will be seeing ALL the changes, including user editing
that may or may not be valid entries....

LFS

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Can you give me blue screen of death?

2. Newbie: ComboBox Blues

3. AAAAAAAH Combobox blues!!!

4. Combobox and matching text contents to the combobox list

5. getting current record in datagrid to give to a detail form as a reference

6. searching WAV-Player which gives back the current position in the file being played

7. VBScript send a given page, not current

8. more forms blues - plain text not HTML?

9. Insert text into text box on current position

10. Giving a ComboBox That Quicken Flare - combo.bas (0/1)

11. Giving a ComboBox That Quicken Flare - combo.bas (1/1)

12. How do I highlight (Blue marked) text in