Send emails from vb without using outlook.
Author Message
 Send emails from vb without using outlook.

Hi!

I'm using CreateObject("Outlook.Application") etc to send emails from my
vb-application. But sometimes outlook does not work properbly. Are there any
other way I can send emails from my vb application without being dependent
on outlook? I wish to send them direct.
Have tried to use mapi session & mapi message but then the emails ends up in
the outlook outbox.

Thanks
Magnus

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:13:10 GMT
 Send emails from vb without using outlook.
Get a 3rd party toolkit such as IP*WORKS and use an SMTP control to send
mail messages.  This will keep you from being dependent on the MAPI support
on your workstation.  All you need then is an IP connection (of course), a
mail server (or relay) address, and a valid user, plus your message text and
any attachments.

There are many, but I have used the IP*WORKS product, which you can find at:

http://www.dev-soft.com/

Good luck.
Bo.

Quote:
> Hi!

> I'm using CreateObject("Outlook.Application") etc to send emails from my
> vb-application. But sometimes outlook does not work properbly. Are there
any
> other way I can send emails from my vb application without being dependent
> on outlook? I wish to send them direct.
> Have tried to use mapi session & mapi message but then the emails ends up
in
> the outlook outbox.

> Thanks
> Magnus

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:58:36 GMT
 Send emails from vb without using outlook.
On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 21:13:10 +0100, "Magnus Bergman"

Quote:

>I'm using CreateObject("Outlook.Application") etc to send emails from my
>vb-application. But sometimes outlook does not work properbly. Are there any
>other way I can send emails from my vb application without being dependent
>on outlook? I wish to send them direct.
>Have tried to use mapi session & mapi message but then the emails ends up in
>the outlook outbox.

>Thanks

There's two general approaches that you could use to do this.
If you're familiar with the SMTP protocol, you could implement
a basic client fairly easily with one of the Winsock controls
out there (either our SocketWrench or one of the others). If
you're looking for something to handle the protocol side of
things then you might want to take a look at SocketTools. It
includes MIME and SMTP controls which make it simple to create
and send messages. Some basic code would look like this:

MailMessage1.From = strSender
MailMessage1.To = strRecipients
MailMessage1.Subject = strSubject
MailMessage1.Text = strBody

SmtpClient1.Blocking = True
SmtpClient1.HostName = strHostName

If SmtpClient1.Connect() = 0 Then
  If MailMessage1.ExportFile("") = 0 Then
    nError = SmtpClient1.SendMessage(strSender, strRecipients, "")
  End If
  SmtpClient1.Disconnect
End If

Our e-mail controls also support features like authentication,
file attachments, automatic quoted-printable encoding and
decoding and so on. You can download a free evaluation version
of SocketTools from our website at www.catalyst.com

David

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:11:08 GMT
 Send emails from vb without using outlook.
Magnus,

You can use our IDSMail component to send/receive E-mail via any mail
systems based on MAPI, SMTP/POP3 (Internet mail), VIM (Lotus), MHS
(Novell), CDO/Active Messaging (Microsoft), Banyan VINES, or Lotus Notes
API.  This gives your application a universal E-mail interface that can
work with whatever mail system your customer might happen to have.
IDSMail can even auto-detect the type of installed mail system.

For example:

Dim idsMail as Object
Set idsMail = CreateObject("IDSMailInterface32.Server")
idsMail.ObjectKey = "ABC123"
idsMail.NewMessage
idsMail.AddRecipientTo "Jim Smith"
idsMail.AddRecipientCc "Mary Brown, Doug Williams"
idsMail.Subject = "Meeting Agenda"
idsMail.Message = "Here is the agenda for the weekly meeting."
idsMail.AddAttachment "C:\MEETINGS\AGENDA.DOC"
idsMail.Send

For more information on IDSMail, go to http://www.intuitive-data.com

--
Regards,

Eric June
Intuitive Data Solutions

----- IDSMail - The Universal E-mail Component  --------
Send/Rcv E-mail *EASILY* through SMTP/POP, VIM,
MAPI, MHS, Banyan VINES, Active Messaging, & CDO:
http://www.intuitive-data.com/idsmail.htm

Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:52:55 GMT

1. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

2. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

3. How to send email without using Outlook ?

4. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

5. Send email without using Outlook

6. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

7. sending message from VB suing OUTLOOK without USING MAPI Controls

8. Sending (with VB) mail through MAPI WITHOUT using Outlook's settings

9. Sending HTML email from outlook using VB..

10. Sending HTML email from outlook using VB..

11. Hoe to send email without outlook

12. How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook