ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?
Author Message
 ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

Using VB6 enterprise edition & Oracle 7.3 for NT backend

I having a bit of difficulty understanding what I can or can't do with Client/Server side cursors!

Why does the a recordsets RecordCount method only work when CursorLocation = adUseClient?

Is there a list somewhere as to what methods are available with which? - how are you supposed know?
- just be trial & error?

Any ideas

Thanks In advance

Adrian Harrison

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

Quote:

> Using VB6 enterprise edition & Oracle 7.3 for NT backend

> I having a bit of difficulty understanding what I can or can't do with Client/Server side cursors!

> Why does the a recordsets RecordCount method only work when CursorLocation = adUseClient?

> Is there a list somewhere as to what methods are available with which? - how are you supposed know?
> - just be trial & error?

> Any ideas

> Thanks In advance

> Adrian Harrison

Try forcing the recordset to populate itself with a RS.MoveLast then RS.MoveFirst.
ADO only loads the records into the recordset object when they are asked for by the client app.NB this
will not work for ForwardOnly style cursors.

Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

2. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

3. ADO - RecordCount only works with Client side cursors?

4. ADO-Access2000: Server-side vs Client-side cursor

5. ADO and Client Side Cursors & Locking

6. Using SQL 7 Views and Client Side cursors in VB/ADO

7. ADO and Client Side Cursors & Locking

8. ADO Deployment, client vs server side cursors

9. Server side or client side cursors?

10. ?client-side vs server-side cursors

11. Client Side and Server Side Cursors

12. difference betwen Client-side and Server-side cursors?