Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client
Author Message
 Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

We are making a VB application which is supposed to send e-mails to
customers, but we need a component or code that sends mail without using the
default mail client.

Jon Christopher Knudsen
Bergen, Norway

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client
On Tue, 23 May 2000 16:27:11 +0200, "Jon Christopher Knudsen"

Quote:

>We are making a VB application which is supposed to send e-mails to
>customers, but we need a component or code that sends mail without using the
>default mail client.

If you want to 'roll your own', you can use our free
SocketWrench package (which includes a Windows Sockets
and RAS dialer control) to create a simple SMTP client.
We include a tutorial that should get you started if
you don't have much experience with TCP/IP programming.
You should also read RFC821 for the commands that you
need to send, and for the response codes sent back from
the server that you'll need to handle. We also have a
commercial package which includes components for SMTP,
POP3 and MIME which would make things considerably
easier to deal with. You can download either
package from our website at http://www.catalyst.com.

David

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending mail without using MS Outlook or other mail client

Quote:
>We are making a VB application which is supposed to send e-mails to
>customers, but we need a component or code that sends mail without using the
>default mail client.

Check out our Smtp/X component which has just gone into open beta.  See:
www.mabry.com for the installation program.

President - Mabry Software Inc.
www.mabry.com

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Send Simple E-Mail Message without E-Mail client

2. **** Send a mailing using MS ACCESS 95 with or without MS EXCHANGE SERVER *****

3. Send mail to MS Mail instead of Outlook

4. Sending Mail without MS-Outlook 2000

5. Sending Mail without MS-Outlook 2000

6. Send e-mail using default e-mail client

7. Sending mail without using any email client !

8. Sending mail without using any email client !

9. Sending mail without using any email client !

10. Sending mail without using any email client !

11. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

12. Send SMTP mail (with attachments), without using Outlook