Show a form - not as child - outside a MDI-parent form
Author Message
 Show a form - not as child - outside a MDI-parent form

Dear,

I have a MDI-parent form and a MDI-child form. If I load the MDI-form the
child form is inside. Until here everything is OK.

But in the child form there is a menu item. The purpose is when we activate
it we see a help screan with we can move out of the MDI-parent form.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards,
Marc

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 00:41:22 GMT
 Show a form - not as child - outside a MDI-parent form
Set the help form as standard form - MIDIChild = False
In your menu event, use the Show statement with Owner
    MyHelpForm.Show , MyMDIForm

Rob

Quote:

> Dear,

> I have a MDI-parent form and a MDI-child form. If I load the MDI-form the
> child form is inside. Until here everything is OK.

> But in the child form there is a menu item. The purpose is when we activate
> it we see a help screan with we can move out of the MDI-parent form.

> Thanks for your help.

> Kind regards,
> Marc

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:48:33 GMT

1. Modifying object in MDI Parent form from MDI Child form

2. Accessing Objects on a Mdi Parent form from a Mdi Child form

3. Q: Form activate Fires On Non Child MDI Forms But Only Once On Child Mdi Forms

5. Making a child form much bigger than the parent MDI form

6. MDI Child outside of MDI Parent?

7. Maximized MDI child form Covering Status bar on MDI parent

8. set the MDI parent of MDI child forms that are in a DLL

9. Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

10. Not replace MDI form Manu when you open child form

11. MDI Child form goes underneath a panle on parent

12. Picture on MDI parent that covers child form