Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic
Author Message
 Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

I'm getting this error in a MTS object developed in Visual Basic 6.0.  This
object has the following code:

Public Function GetCorporateAdvisories() As ADODB.Recordset
Dim objSQL As deSQL
Dim strErrorMessage As String

    On Error GoTo ErrorHandler

    Set objSQL = New deSQL

    objSQL.conCorporate.Open
    objSQL.dbo_spGetAdvisories

    If Not objSQL.rsdbo_spGetAdvisories Is Nothing Then
        Set GetCorporateAdvisories = objSQL.rsdbo_spGetAdvisories.Clone
        Set GetCorporateAdvisories.ActiveConnection = Nothing
    End If
Done:
    If Not objSQL Is Nothing Then If Not objSQL.conCorporate.State <>
adStateClosed Then objSQL.conCorporate.Close
    Set objSQL = Nothing
    Exit Function
ErrorHandler:
    If Not objSQL Is Nothing Then If Not objSQL.conCorporate.State <>
adStateClosed Then objSQL.conCorporate.Close
    Set objSQL = Nothing
    Exit Function
End Function

It all works great in VB Environment.  I compile the object, install it on MTS,
create the export, execute the package client, set the reference in my client and
I get the error when I execute the line:

    Set GetCorporateAdvisoriesRs = objSel.GetCorporateAdvisories().Clone

Which is after I create an instance of the object.

Any help would be appreciated.

Pat

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 03:57:26 GMT

1. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

2. Error 458: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

3. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

4. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

5. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

6. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

7. Error when creating dll: variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic

8. ErrMsg: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

9. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

10. ADODB Error: Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic

11. Variable uses an Automation type not supported in Visual Basic for ADO recordset

12. variable uses an automation type not supported in visual basic