Everything works in DEVELOPMENT PC and not others
Author Message
 Everything works in DEVELOPMENT PC and not others

I'm sick and frustrated about the Active X thing.
VBD document, VBScript + OCX using Active X Control Pad page.
All these work fine , PERFECT and BEAUTIFULLY in the development PC.
When I try to access the page from another PC , everything turn to the WORST
!!

Active X control not loaded (i have done everything that i could, set
security to LOW , CODEBASE
point to the correct OCX file to download, use IE4.01 SP1)

VBD document not display at the IE (use wizard to create the Internet
Download , didn't even
change a single thing by myself. Just follow the wizard thing and hope it
does a good job and yet
it DOESN'T ! )

Etc etc etc ...

- Alex  -
Information System Administrator

Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Everything works in DEVELOPMENT PC and not others

Quote:

> I'm sick and frustrated about the Active X thing.
> VBD document, VBScript + OCX using Active X Control Pad page.
> All these work fine , PERFECT and BEAUTIFULLY in the development PC.
> When I try to access the page from another PC , everything turn to the WORST
> !!

> Active X control not loaded (i have done everything that i could, set
> security to LOW , CODEBASE
> point to the correct OCX file to download, use IE4.01 SP1)

> VBD document not display at the IE (use wizard to create the Internet
> Download , didn't even
> change a single thing by myself. Just follow the wizard thing and hope it
> does a good job and yet
> it DOESN'T ! )

> Etc etc etc ...

> --
> - Alex  -
> Information System Administrator

Alex,

I worked with ActiveX documents quite extensively when VB 5 first came
out - and had very little success.

However, I did eventually get it to work.  You need to search the
Microsoft Knowledge base.  There are a few articles that will help
regarding component downloads, etc.  The main thing is, you need to have
all of the proper CAB files available - not just for your component, but
for the VB runtime stuff etc.  You can get it from activex.microsoft.com
or some such, and the files are listed in the .inf or .ddf files created
by the setup wizard.

It is a difficult process, but does work once you fully understand what
is going on.

--
Regards,

Steve Woodward
Ford Motor Co.
PTEIS

**All postings constitute my opinions only**

Remove the # and everything after it in my email address to respond.

Sat, 09 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Everything works in DEVELOPMENT PC and not others

2. Works on my PC, but not others????

3. DBGrid Delete Key function not working on some DBGrids while it works on others

4. ActiveX not working on other PC when connected to my PC

5. What Works in Development Does Not Work When Deployed

6. Procedure working on some machines and not others

7. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

8. FileSystemObject: works on some machines, others not

9. Data Control Refresh works sometimes, others Not?!

10. SQL statement works sometimes but not others

11. No errors on development PC, Run-time on user PC

12. JET works on web with NT server but not on development laptop