Fail to load control
Author Message
 Fail to load control

I have a problem about previously build NTE 4.0:

1. The OS is NT Embedded 4.0
2. The Application Program was developed by VB6.0
3. There is no error message in newly installed machine.
But if this machine runs for serval months, the following
error message will display:

Run-Time Error 372:
Fail to load control 'SSTab' from TABCTL32.OCX. Your
version of TABCTL32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure ...
using the version of the control that was provided with
your application.

Please help me.

Thank you for your kind

An-Chiang Chao

Fri, 08 Jul 2005 17:44:32 GMT
 Fail to load control
Hi, An-Chiang

Just to verify:  Do you have VB6 installed on your NTE machine?  If so,
what Service Pack?  The latest version of tabctl32.ocx is 6.0.90.43.  If
you have an earlier version, you need to update to SP5.  The project was
probably developed on VB6 SP5, and VB6 is looking for the same version of
the control.  You can download SP5 for free from the following site:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp5/defaul...

If that doesn't do it, please respond and we can work with you to try to
figure out what is going on.

I notice that you also posted the same message in
microsoft.public.vb.controls.controlcreation.  Posting multiple messages in
this way is called multi-posting, which will get you flamed if some people
notice. This is because an answer to one post is not available in the
other.  If I discover that your question had already been answered in
another thread, I've wasted my time.  The preferred technique is called
crossposting, which puts linked copies of the same post in multiple
newsgroups..  You can crosspost using Outlook Express or the MSDN Web
interface by explicitly typing the names of the groups (separated by
semi-colons) in the Newsgroup box that appears when you post.

Example:  microsoft.public.vb.com;microsoft.public.vb.database.ado etc.

HTH,

John Eikanger
Microsoft Visual Basic Team

(c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

--------------------

| Subject: Fail to load control
| Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:44:32 -0800
|
| I have a problem about previously build NTE 4.0:
|
| 1. The OS is NT Embedded 4.0
| 2. The Application Program was developed by VB6.0
| 3. There is no error message in newly installed machine.
| But if this machine runs for serval months, the following
| error message will display:
|
| Run-Time Error 372:
| Fail to load control 'SSTab' from TABCTL32.OCX. Your
| version of TABCTL32.OCX may be outdated. Make sure ...
| using the version of the control that was provided with
| your application.
|
| Please help me.
|
| Thank you for your kind
|
| An-Chiang Chao

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 00:44:25 GMT

1. Failed to load control ImageList

2. Failed to Load Control ""

3. fail to load control

4. Failed to load control

5. Failed to load control...

6. Failed to load control

7. Runtime erroe 372 - Failed to load control

8. Failed to load control - Second Request

9. Failed to load control

10. fail to load control

11. Failed to load control ImageList

12. Failed to load control 'ImageList' from Mscomctl.ocx.