How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??
Author Message
 How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??

I'm using two controls on a form, BOTH of which have their
own internal navigation:  A ListBox  and  a frame containing
2 OptionButtons.

Of course, when the ListBox has focus, the arrow keys
navigate the List.  Similarly, when the OptionButtons frame has
focus, the arrow buttons navigate the frame.

HOWEVER,    I do not care to have the Frame navigated at all.
I want the arrows to work ONLY with the ListBox,
regardless of which control has the focus.
ie- If OptionButtons have focus, pressing an arrow key
gets you to the LISTBOX, ... Bypassing the OptionButtons
navigation.
I want the OptionButtons to relinquish navigating and go immediately
to ListBox focus.

I can't seem to do this.   Is there a way ??

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 03:00:56 GMT
 How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??
It's the frame that causes this, not the options themselves. If the option
buttons are contained by the form rather than by the frame you don't have
this problem. You can use ZOrder to position the options so they appear to
be on the frame, although they are not actually contained by it.

Quote:
> I'm using two controls on a form, BOTH of which have their
> own internal navigation:  A ListBox  and  a frame containing
> 2 OptionButtons.

> Of course, when the ListBox has focus, the arrow keys
> navigate the List.  Similarly, when the OptionButtons frame has
> focus, the arrow buttons navigate the frame.

> HOWEVER,    I do not care to have the Frame navigated at all.
> I want the arrows to work ONLY with the ListBox,
> regardless of which control has the focus.
> ie- If OptionButtons have focus, pressing an arrow key
> gets you to the LISTBOX, ... Bypassing the OptionButtons
> navigation.
> I want the OptionButtons to relinquish navigating and go immediately
> to ListBox focus.

> I can't seem to do this.   Is there a way ??

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:33:57 GMT
 How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??
Not so.
I just tried it with 2 option buttons and a list box on a form
with NO frame at all.  Still, once a button is clicked,
Arrow Keys navigate the Option buttons.  After all buttons
have been navigated to, THEN it goes to the List box.

Quote:
> It's the frame that causes this, not the options themselves. If the option
> buttons are contained by the form rather than by the frame you don't have
> this problem. You can use ZOrder to position the options so they appear to
> be on the frame, although they are not actually contained by it.

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:09:52 GMT
 How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??
How odd. I tried it too, before posting. Works for me. Arrows navigate
within the list box, even when one of the option buttons has focus.

Quote:
> Not so.
> I just tried it with 2 option buttons and a list box on a form
> with NO frame at all.  Still, once a button is clicked,
> Arrow Keys navigate the Option buttons.  After all buttons
> have been navigated to, THEN it goes to the List box.

> > It's the frame that causes this, not the options themselves. If the
option
> > buttons are contained by the form rather than by the frame you don't
have
> > this problem. You can use ZOrder to position the options so they appear
> > be on the frame, although they are not actually contained by it.

Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:00:56 GMT
 How BYPASS INTERNAL NAVIGATION of a control ??
So, You're saying that with a form containing 1 Listbox
and 2 Option buttons (NO frame), the Listbox ALWAYS
gets the focus when you press an arrow key... EVEN if
the Option button has focus ??
That's not what mine does.
Try this:  Put one option button above the other. (vertically spaced)
Give the top one focus.  Press the down arrow key.
Are you saying that control goes to the LISTBOX ???

Quote:
> How odd. I tried it too, before posting. Works for me. Arrows navigate
> within the list box, even when one of the option buttons has focus.

> > Not so.
> > I just tried it with 2 option buttons and a list box on a form
> > with NO frame at all.  Still, once a button is clicked,
> > Arrow Keys navigate the Option buttons.  After all buttons
> > have been navigated to, THEN it goes to the List box.

> > > It's the frame that causes this, not the options themselves. If the
> option
> > > buttons are contained by the form rather than by the frame you don't
> have
> > > this problem. You can use ZOrder to position the options so they
appear
> > > be on the frame, although they are not actually contained by it.

Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:45:26 GMT

1. Can't bypass the Delete key in a Masked Edit Control

2. How to bypass maskedit control bug

3. Internal Size of control

4. Problems using an internal modem with MSComm control

5. internal error in Data-control

6. MSComm control and NO response from Internal Modem(com3)

7. VB6 Internal DLL Variable can not be set to external activex control in IE

8. FTP UNIX Internal Transfer Control

9. ActiveX Controls internal versioning

10. Table Cell Navigation Control - User Forms

11. Navigation Control

12. Database Navigation Control