I am trying to create a database application. I am using a data control
Author Message
 I am trying to create a database application. I am using a data control

Hi,  First please do not crosspost.  Send your message to the appropriate
group and you will get a quicker answer.  Some people get really irritated
when people do this.

You need to iterate through the textboxes and clear them with an easy loop.
Using the movelast function is not the right way to do this and is also part
of the reason you are getting the error you mentioned.   Your error could be
from a couple of things.

You have not opened a record for edit, You have not opened a new record with
Add, you have entered information in a field that is of the wrong type and
of course you are at EOF or BOF - just too name a few.    I recommend you
read the help system about add, edit and update methods.  That will answer
many of your questions.
--
Sincerely,
Todd B - Agendum Software

Award winning freeware and commercial products for VB developers!

Quote:
> I am trying to create a database application. I am using a data control
> which is bound to some text boxes. There are occasions when I want to
clear
> all the text boxes. Currently I am using the movelast command followed by
> movenext command to make eof true. Is there any other way of doing this?

> Also if EOF is true and data is entered into text boxes when i try to use
> the findfirst method i get an error saying 'action cancelled by asociated
> object. Any ideas why this is happening?

> thank you

> chris

Mon, 29 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I am trying to create a database application. I am using a data control

2. I am trying to create a database application. I am using a data control

3. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

4. I am trying to update a record, i am not using data control

5. Help - I am getting an error using data control

6. I am trying to connect ot forms using Access 2002

8. I am looking for a used car lot database

9. Calculations and validations inside Datagrid(i am using sqlServer database)

10. ADO Data Control - What Am I Doing Wrong?

11. Am I using the right control (RichTextBox)

12. What am I trying to do?