How do I : Progress Bar with % text?
Author Message
 How do I : Progress Bar with % text?

Sounds simple, but the progress bar doesn't seem to have a caption
property.

When I try to overlay a label on top it always seems to be displayed
behind the progress bar itself !

If I use a text box then it looks ugly as they can't be transparent !

So how do I get the nice MS installation progress bar with inverted
text over the progress bar itself !

Any clues?

Rob

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I : Progress Bar with % text?

Quote:

>Sounds simple, but the progress bar doesn't seem to have a caption
>property.

www.mvps.org/ccrp

Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I : Progress Bar with % text?
two approaches

A/
    use a label, set Back to transparent and set ZOrder to Front

B/
    use an SSPanel control (threed32.ocx) with FloodFill Property etc

B is much better

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I : Progress Bar with % text?
Check out the example at vbnet, based on the PhotoShop-style flood ... it
displays whatever you want, and is fast.  Search for "Flood Panel" (no
quotes).

--

Randy Birch, MVP Visual Basic

http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/
http://www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Quote:

>Sounds simple, but the progress bar doesn't seem to have a caption
>property.

>When I try to overlay a label on top it always seems to be displayed
>behind the progress bar itself !

>If I use a text box then it looks ugly as they can't be transparent !

>So how do I get the nice MS installation progress bar with inverted
>text over the progress bar itself !

>Any clues?

>Rob

Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Showing the % done on a progress bar...

2. Progress Bars (% done)

3. Scroll a text file and show progress bar (%)

4. Text on progress bar

5. text inside progress bar

6. Text on progress bar

7. Progress bar with changing text in it????

8. File Loading Progress Form with Progress Bar

9. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

10. How do I display a progress bar showing progress for database replication

11. Progress bar measuring FileCopy progress

12. Status Bar/Progress Bar