Form load is slow
Author Message
 Form load is slow

In the event of the form load, I put a lot of code as verifying the
queries, if not there I create them, initialized the controls, etc.  but
with all of that code, it is very slow to load forms.

Where could I put that code and have my forms load rapidly?

I don't want to keep the form only hide.  I want to unload and load form
when necessary.

--
Nathalie Turgeon

Fri, 16 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Form load is slow

Simply place a Me.Show in the form Load event at the point you want the form
to be shown. Also don't forget to set the mousepointer to an hourglass to
let the user know the form is not yet ready

Quote:

>In the event of the form load, I put a lot of code as verifying the
>queries, if not there I create them, initialized the controls, etc.  but
>with all of that code, it is very slow to load forms.

>Where could I put that code and have my forms load rapidly?

>I don't want to keep the form only hide.  I want to unload and load form
>when necessary.

>--
>Nathalie Turgeon

Sun, 18 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Slow Outlook Custom Form Loading & Executing

2. Form loading is slow

3. Slow loading form

4. Slow Form Load !

5. VB6 Data Form loading too slow?

6. VB6 Data Form loading too slow?

7. eVB Masters - Slow Load with Control Intensive Form

8. Why am I so Slow

9. Slow, slow, slow search on VB6, ADO and SS7

10. VB4 is slow..slow....slow

11. Insert into SQL Server slow, slow, slow...

12. load another form form one form