ActiveX Data Objects
Author Message
 ActiveX Data Objects

I was reading an article in this month's "Visual Basic Programmer's
Journal" and it made reference to somthing called an "ActiveX Data
Object" which could be passed out of process.  I've never heard of
this gem.  The VB Books on-line do not have any references to it.
Since you cannot pass rdoResultSet objects out of process, this could
be the answer to sending the information back (rather than using
variant arrays.)

Can someone point me in the direction of documentation on this?

-Kevin Buchan

Fri, 21 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 ActiveX Data Objects

Quote:
>I was reading an article in this month's "Visual Basic Programmer's
>Journal" and it made reference to somthing called an "ActiveX Data
>Object" which could be passed out of process.  I've never heard of
>this gem.  The VB Books on-line do not have any references to it.
>Since you cannot pass rdoResultSet objects out of process, this could
>be the answer to sending the information back (rather than using
>variant arrays.)

>Can someone point me in the direction of documentation on this?

Go to http://www.microsoft.com/data/ado, or better yet visit plain
http://www.microsoft.com/data/ first.  Godd reading there.  The
"Feature Article" book exceprt that explains basic ADO techniques is
especially helpful.

HTH,
Dan Read

If you'd like to e-mail me directly, please remove the XX from the
front of my address.

Sat, 22 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Data Objects

2. MS ActiveX Data Objects 2.0 Library

3. HELP!!!!! ACTIVEX DATA OBJECT

4. Replacing ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 with 2.0

5. IBM is providing free Visual Basic ActiveX Data Objects

6. ADO and Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.0 Library

7. Storing/Retrieving JPGs in SQL6.5 with ActiveX Data Objects

8. ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Compile error

9. Visual Basic ADO (ActiveX Data Object)

10. ActiveX Data Objects

11. Activex data objects library 2.x

12. Microsoft ActiveX Data Object Could Not Be Loaded