WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility
Author Message
 WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

Thank you for your answer, however I thought it was NG policy to crosspost
vs multipost.

Rocky

Quote:

> >Hi all,

> >Three questions.

> >(1) Can anyone tell me if WinXP, Visual Studio 6.0 and Studio.Net are all
> >compatible on the same system?

> Yes.

> >(2) Which Studio needs to be installed first if they are?

> Either will work, but I aim for the older product (VS 6.0) first.

> >(3) Is this recommended practice?

> On a dev machine, it is not a problem, as long as you realize you will
> probably be rebuilding this machine shortly (final release in
> January?). I would not place the .NET Framework on a production server
> at this time, unless you are going live during the beta period.

> >Please reply to all for ease of finding your answers.

> It is not a good idea to cross post. However, I will do it just for
> you.

> Gregory A. Beamer
> MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA
> Author: ADO.NET and XML: ASP.NET on the Edge (4Q 2001)
> Think outside the box!

Thu, 29 Apr 2004 03:27:39 GMT

1. WinXP-Visual Studio 6.0-Studio.Net compatibility

2. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .NET

3. Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio.Net Difference

4. Visual Studio 6 and Visual Studio .net

5. Visual Studio.NET vs Visual Basic.NET

6. VB.NET vs. Visual Studio.NET

7. Event Button in Visual studio net VB.net

8. i am using vb.net and crystal reports for visual studio.net

9. Visual Studio .Net causing Visual Basic 6 problem?

10. Visual Studio.Net

11. PowerToys for Visual Studio .NET 2003 Project Announcement

12. Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Crystal Report Deploy