HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ?? 
Author Message
 HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ??

I need to save/load a DBtable in which  each  CELL  contains
text with Carriage Retuns  (vbCrLf)
 but I can't find out how to make a table that accepts such text.
  They all seem to be ONE-LINERS.
WHAT CAN I USE TO SAVE/LOAD MULTILINE TEXTS
IN ONE FIELD OF A DATABASE ?
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAVE A WHOLE TABLE WHERE
EACH AND EVERY CELL IN THE TABLE CONTAINS
MULTILINE TEXT.
What should I use ?

THANKS.



Sun, 22 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ??
What ? What ? I MUST BE DEATH. Who talked about memo fields ?
Sylvain


Quote:
>WHAT CAN I USE TO SAVE/LOAD MULTILINE TEXTS
>IN ONE FIELD OF A DATABASE ?
>I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAVE A WHOLE TABLE WHERE
>EACH AND EVERY CELL IN THE TABLE CONTAINS
>MULTILINE TEXT.



Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ??

Quote:

>What ? What ? I MUST BE DEATH. Who talked about memo fields ?
>Sylvain

I think you mean "DEAF" not "DEATH" -  two slightly different concepts,
don't you think ??

Also- A memo field can have 50,000 characters... I only need a text
field (actually only need 144 characters)

Quote:


>>WHAT CAN I USE TO SAVE/LOAD MULTILINE TEXTS
>>IN ONE FIELD OF A DATABASE ?
>>I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAVE A WHOLE TABLE WHERE
>>EACH AND EVERY CELL IN THE TABLE CONTAINS
>>MULTILINE TEXT.



Mon, 23 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 HOW SAVE/LOAD TEXT W/ CARRIAGE RETURNS ??

Quote:
>I think you mean "DEAF" not "DEATH" -  two slightly different concepts,
>don't you think ??

Sorry for my Frenchie english !
I may have meant DEAD, of course.
Anyway, you went to locase, and I feel more comfortable to read from you.

Quote:
>Also- A memo field can have 50,000 characters... I only need a text
>field (actually only need 144 characters)

So ? A memo field is not much bigger than a text field (when there is the
same number of characters in it, of course). A memo may help you, but some
things can't be done with it. You may also type CTRL+ENTER when you type in
a text field ? I am not sure.
Sylvain.


Tue, 24 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Saving Text without Return Carriage

2. Put a carriage return in text

3. Carriage Returns In Text Boxes

4. Deleting Last Carriage Return from Text File

5. HELP - representing carriage return for a text field?

6. Carriage Return in text box

7. carriage return in a text box?

8. Carriage return in text box?

9. How to hide linefeed, and carriage return characters in text boxes

10. Inserting a carriage return in a text box

11. Inserting carriage return in TEXT string

12. Putting a Carriage Return in to a rich text box

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software